calorie intake

Options
lately i have been doing a low carb diet and i have been doing well not going over my carb in take but i wanted to know if it is ok for me to burn all the calories i eat and not eat them back? i dont get hungry on this low carb plan
help

Replies

• tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    So you net 0?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    lately i have been doing a low carb diet and i have been doing well not going over my carb in take but i wanted to know if it is ok for me to burn all the calories i eat and not eat them back? i dont get hungry on this low carb plan
    help

not sure what you mean by burn all the calories you eat?

can you expand?
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    So you net 0?

yea this ^
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i burn more calories than i eat
  • Ginger_Poomkin
    Ginger_Poomkin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would recommand eating back your exercise calories. If you burned them, your body needs energy to recover, you certainly don't want to put your body in starvation mode!
  • letobot
    Options

How much are you netting?...if anything?
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    my problem is i dont get hungry with the diet i eat the serving sizes but i dont get hungry on the low carb like i used to
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

yes, that's how people lose weight, but how much more are we talking about?

Do you mean burn more all day, or burn more just doing exercise?
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    like i exercise every day at 530 when i get home and then i eat dinner and a sack but i still end up burning more
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Having a deficit from your daily needs is good but your body also needs to have a set minimum for proper metabolism. Even if you'd be eating 500 a day but if you're body can't fuel enough for a good metabolism then your progress will stagger and will result to lean muscle loss than fat since the order of energy usage is carbs - protein then fat. Fat takes more to be metabolized into energy so most likely your muscles will be tapped as source of energy.

I'd say at least eat to a minimum of 1200 total after workout burn just to keep your body going if you really are after calorie deficit.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    like i exercise every day at 530 when i get home and then i eat dinner and a sack but i still end up burning more

YOU'RE NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS!!!! HOW MANY CALS?
  • letobot
    Options
    I checked your diary....based on yesterday you netted -62 calories. Continuing this will lead to a multitude of problems. EAT
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    i eat atleast 1000 calories a day, but i burn like 600 plus calories a day
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat a day? How many calories do you burn through exercise a day? What is your BMR?
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    i eat atleast 1000 calories a day, but i burn like 600 plus calories a day

Yes, that's bad. You give it 1000 cals worth of energy. You use 600 of that for exercise. Your body can't function (healthily at least) on 400 cals for the rest of the day.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I just looked back through your diary... assuming that last week or so is correct, you aren't doing that badly. You generally are netting ~1000 cals, which is definitely low, but not scary low like you're talking about here.
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    i just have a hard time eating them back
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating calories burned? Do you use a HRM?