Why can I not wake up?

Options
I have been in the Army for 7 years after this upcoming May. I have been a recruiter for almost a year and a half. Since becoming a recruiter I can not find the motivation to wake up early like I use to. I use to do PT (Physical Training) with my unit at FT Bliss and I would wake up every day at 0500. PT would start at 0630 and would go until 0730. In recruiting we never do organized PT. I cannot find the motivation to wake up at 0500 or even 0600 to work out. It seems like its impossible almost to roll out of bed at that time. I am guessing that because of the fact that I have been inactive for such a long period of time that this is the reason why I have so much trouble getting up. Just being in recruiting has led me to gain 35 lbs. I use to weigh around 185 lbs. Now I am currently anywhere from 215 to 220 lbs. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for finding motivation to get up early.

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    If you find it, please let me know!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It sounds like you just need that "group" push - why not take a look at the local YMCA? They have workout classes of all types maybe one will be something you would be inclined to roll out of bed for... Just a thought here... :bigsmile:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I think its on sale at Wal Mart this week...just messin

Yeah bro being military as well...without that push from others its hard to find it again...once you start back up you know that it will all come back easily and you will have more motivation....you can do it bro
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Do you have any prospective recruits or any delayed enlistment recruits (do they still do that any more? They did that about 20 years ago when I joined the Navy)? You could see about getting up a PT group with those guys and gals and make it be like a "pre-boot camp" type of thing. They may get a kick out of it, and you could perhaps get a few more recruits. :smile:
  • gym_rat
    gym_rat Posts: 94
    Options
    Not good! They don't weigh and tape you each month?
  • BellinghamBelle
    BellinghamBelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The only way I can get my butt out of bed in the morning at 5:30 is knowing that a friend of mine will be at the gym waiting for me at 6:00. I absolutely cannot do it on my own! So my advice: get a good friend who will hold you accountable - and call you at 5:45 to ask if you are on your way.
  • ramrod043
    Options
    I do still get weighed and taped and to this day I have never failed a tape test or PT Test. I have a PT Test this Wednesday actually. I am currently 23% body fat and im allowed 24% body fat. So I know I am on a bad track and thats why I need to change. Thank you to everyone for the tips and info.