Seriously

Options
So, I only started my journey 6 days ago. I have lost 3lbs. Now, 3lbs in 6 days is great for some. But I am over 280lbs!!

7 days ago I was eating out once almost every day but atleast 5 times a week. Drinking an insane amount of pop and NO water. Snacking a lot with bad snacks. Just out of control with no exercise.

Now on day 6 I have done none of those things and I am drinking only water.

I am also working my butt of on JM 30 day shred.

I am eating 1620 a day.

Replies

• lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

You are doing great so far! Consider it a success just in deciding to take the step towards a life change! Something that I have heard over and over again is that "you didnt gain the weight in a day and you wont lose it in a day" Remember that and the journey will be a bit easier. Look for support from individuals on here and just keep in mind your goals.

Keep it up...you are doing great! Cutting back on the soda and eating out will begin to show like crazy, plus your wallet will be much fuller too with the money you save from eating at home and drinking water! :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    So, I only started my journey 6 days ago. I have lost 3lbs. Now, 3lbs in 6 days is great for some. But I am over 280lbs!!

7 days ago I was eating out once almost every day but atleast 5 times a week. Drinking an insane amount of pop and NO water. Snacking a lot with bad snacks. Just out of control with no exercise.

Now on day 6 I have done none of those things and I am drinking only water.

I am also working my butt of on JM 30 day shred.

I am eating 1620 a day.

You need to change your attitude.

Whether you are 280lbs or not, 3lbs in 6 days is above and beyond the normal. You are doing great.

Don't expect overnight results and you won't be disappointed.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't follow an exact schedule. Some weeks you will lose nothing, and suddenly you'll drop ten pounds in a few days. Keep doing the right things, 1650 is fine at your weight. Lots of things influence this including hormones, sleep, water intake, salt, exercise-induced water retention - so just bring your patience.

Don't give up. It will happen, honest!! You're in this for the long haul, to be around for your beautiful baby.

• dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You have made a signifcant change. I know it is easy to get caught up with the number on the scale but you need to be in this for the long term. If it makes you feel any better, it took me over a year to lose 25-30 lbs. Don't give up on yourself. It will take time, but the rewards will be well worth it.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for 5months and lost 8pounds.

I'm learning how to eat healthy, exercise and getting fit.
    you didn't put on this weight overnight and you sure a hell are not going to lose it over night unless your having lipo.

It's a journey, a damn right long, stressful and sometimes infuriating journey, you may experience plateaus along the way but if you really want to lose this weight you'll stay dedicated and understand it doesn't happen overnight, or over a week, it could take months to years. Just follow the plan. "eat clean, train dirty"
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well done! I think the problem a lot of people have is that they don't realize what a slow process weight loss is. Healthy, sustainable weight loss is generally 1-2 lbs a week, so 3 lbs in 6 days is quite a lot. My advice? Keep doing what you're doing, accept that your life is different now, and settle in for the long haul. That's just how it is. Best of luck!
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That's great! Weight loss takes time, it will take time and dedication to see drastic results.

The key is to treat this as a lifestyle change and to be consistent - healthy eating and exercises should be viewed as your new habits, not as something to be done temporarily until you reach your goal.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Be consistent. Log your food, make good choices 80% of the time, and get some exercise in and it'll continue to come off. Over time the numbers will start to add up :-)
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for taking the time to write me back.

You are all right. & I guess this is just where I get frustrated. I need to put the scale away. I need to focus on the important things like the fact that I am changing my life because im eating better and exercising. No matter what the scale says its a huuuge step in the right direction.

I really just had to get out my frustration.. and it might not even be about loosing 3 lbs but about how much I have to go and its due to a life full of bad decisions. Growing up we ate out every meal of the day.. and so of course I continued that.. but not any more. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    This is reality - not The Biggest Loser. You're doing great!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    This is reality - not The Biggest Loser. You're doing great!

Lol I was going to say, have you been watching The Biggest Loser?

OP, this is real life. 3lbs in a week is great.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Dont be disappointed when your weight loss slows down. Most of the weight loss in the initial days/week is just water weight from drinking more water and reducing your sodium intake

HOWEVER, it sounds like you are on a path to healthy weight loss, so good job!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It didn't come on in a day, it certainly won't all come off in one day. Keep up the great work and you will succeed!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That is great! 3 lbs in 6 days is really good. I'm happy with .5 lbs, just as long as I'm not gaining!
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Be patient and stop complaining. You have just begun. If you have this attitude now, then you are going to ge really grumpy when you hit our first plateau.

Patience, this is a lifestyle, not a weekend vacation.
  • wow! way to go! little things, like changing soda for water, sure do add up! :D You Got This!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for taking the time to write me back.

You are all right. & I guess this is just where I get frustrated. I need to put the scale away. I need to focus on the important things like the fact that I am changing my life because im eating better and exercising. No matter what the scale says its a huuuge step in the right direction.

I really just had to get out my frustration.. and it might not even be about loosing 3 lbs but about how much I have to go and its due to a life full of bad decisions. Growing up we ate out every meal of the day.. and so of course I continued that.. but not any more. :)

if thinking about how far you have to go is demotivating...then don't think about it..

either cut your goals into small portions...say 20 pound loss etc...so you aren't thinking about the big number....

or just don't think about it.

it's hard...but letting yourself be demotivated is much harder on you.

be easy on yourself and make it as positive as you can.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    3 lbs is better than NO pounds.

Keep at it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Here is a good reference, if you have over 100 lbs to lose you can lose more than 2 lbs/week safely, that being said it is best to set a realistic safe weekly loss goal and:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So, I only started my journey 6 days ago. I have lost 3lbs. Now, 3lbs in 6 days is great for some.

LOL 3 pounds in less than a week is good for everybody.

You are doing fine, very well actually. Seriously, what did you expect? To drop 20 pounds in 6 days?