Do you lose what "they" say you will?

Options
Obviously I know we're all different and lose weight differently but i'm wondering how many people actually average a 1 lb weight loss following the recommended calorie intake for a 1 lb weekly loss? Do you lose more or less then the 1 lb average?

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    It tends to be pretty darn close for me.
  • jcollinsmorris
    Options
    Yes you will and maybe even more depending on the exercise you do, just thought i would let you know.. Good luck!!
  • MelissaM528
    MelissaM528 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 and I have to say I feel great! I eat the recommonded calories for a 1 lb loss and sometimes I feel like it's too much but I peaked at the scale and lost a bit so i'm thrilled... I just wonder if it's "too much" food, and i'm afraid I won't lose so I wanted to make sure people are really losing. I think I would be a bit bummed if I lost less then .5 - 1 lb a week since I have quite a bit to lose (almost 84 lbs).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I lose about 1.5# per week when it's averaged.
  • MelissaM528
    MelissaM528 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ^ That's amazing! and Congrats on your weightloss. =)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The recommended base calorie intake plus 2/3rds of MFP's estimation of my exercise calories kept me on track. I'm in maintenance now and eat 100% of my exercise calories, but use a different, less generous site to calculate them.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1 lb/wk and have lost on average 1.7/wk.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    MFP predicts I'll lose 1.2 lbs. per week. I frequently lose more than that on some weeks, and less on others. But my overall average is .8 lbs. per week for most months.
  • lindayadlon
    Options
    I lose about 3.5 lbs per month. I've lost 17 lbs so far by counting calories.