Havin a Mental Breakdown

Options
I have successfully lost 15 very well worth pounds. I'm going to weigh in on Saturday and I'm confident that it will be more. I'm working very hard on loosing weight, I have educated myself on what are good foods how to eat more of healthy foods and how to balance my workouts. A couple a weeks ago I was a little stressed when I entered my diary and I was told that not eating enough puts your body in starvation mode and it's harder to lose weight and since then I got a better idea on how this calorie losing weight eating right working out thing really works. It was way harder than I thought!!!! But now my pants fit loose my dresses look better and still I have my competitors at work that I feel have lost way more than I have. We all started Jan 4th for a weight challenge where the biggest looser will win 930.00. At the beginning for me it wasnt about the money but I was more determined to lose weight once and for all dammit! It just doesnt seem fair how you try to do things the right way and then you have people on HCG shots and 500 cal per day etc.,,, and you can see that they are not struggling and getting faster results than you are. I don't know I guess I'm just having a bad moment. I really hope that all my efforts pay off and I reach my goals and feel great about it, but for right this instant, I'm not too sure!:huh:

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What is HCG SHOTS??????
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have successfully lost 15 very well worth pounds. I'm going to weigh in on Saturday and I'm confident that it will be more. I'm working very hard on loosing weight, I have educated myself on what are good foods how to eat more of healthy foods and how to balance my workouts. A couple a weeks ago I was a little stressed when I entered my diary and I was told that not eating enough puts your body in starvation mode and it's harder to lose weight and since then I got a better idea on how this calorie losing weight eating right working out thing really works. It was way harder than I thought!!!! But now my pants fit loose my dresses look better and still I have my competitors at work that I feel have lost way more than I have. We all started Jan 4th for a weight challenge where the biggest looser will win 930.00. At the beginning for me it wasnt about the money but I was more determined to lose weight once and for all dammit! It just doesnt seem fair how you try to do things the right way and then you have people on HCG shots and 500 cal per day etc.,,, and you can see that they are not struggling and getting faster results than you are. I don't know I guess I'm just having a bad moment. I really hope that all my efforts pay off and I reach my goals and feel great about it, but for right this instant, I'm not too sure!:huh:

Weight loss is such an individual thing. you can't judge the way other people lose their weight. Keep the focus on you and how you plan on doing it. There are many options available to people, some safe, some not, but it's a choice we're all allowed to make.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Just remember you are doing it the correct way. The people that are on those shots cannot stay on them forever and they cannot keep eating 500 calories. The weightloss will eventually stop for them and you will still be losing. You are doing this for your health not the money just remember that. This is long term for you!!!!! Keep doing what you are doing. Even if one of them people win the challenge they are losing in the long run and you will be the true winner.

• thinn10
    thinn10 Posts: 5
    Options
    :noway: DO NOT GIVE UP! You can do it! It is amazing on how easy all our weight goes on and one day we wake up and say, "hey, what the heck! How did I get like this???":sad: None of our "friends or family" say anything to help either...why didn't they say, "looks like you are getting a little heavy..." THAT'S WHAT WE NEED!!!! Accountability...that's what I hope that we can get from this also!!!

:wink: thinn10 :flowerforyou:
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    You are doing it the right way. I have known people who have used the shots and they did lose a lot, however, I've seen them gain it back as soon as they go off it. Just think that with every pound you lose you won't go back.
    Good luck and keep up the good work!!
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    Personally I think eating the 1200 cals,exercising and being good to yourself is a way better way to lose weight. It's more likely for the people on the 500 cals a day to gain it all back, cause really noone eats like that forever. Everyone wants the instant results which is impossible. It's alot of hard work to stay healthy for ever, it's not a diet it's a lifestyle. So keep your chin up, your doing great !15 pounds is huge.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    One thing I dont ever have to worry about is being told I do not eat enough.

I lose very slowly, about a pound a week but I eat really good food.

In one year that will be 52 pounds and that works just fine for me.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary and let me know, I would love to take a look at what your eating. I may be able to help!

Christine
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Yes... just think a year from now when the 500 calorie eaters go into starvation mode and shot - takers are putting it back on you will be there in your prime - all healthy and glowing because YOU DID IT RIGHT!!! :drinker: Keep it up!!!! Just think - they will win that $$ and spend in on clothes they won't be able to wear in 3 to 6 months!!! :devil: Chin up - You are doing wonderful!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I never heard of those shots either, but whatever they are doing it is not for the long term it sounds like and they will end up gaining all the wieght back, I remember a few months ago I was sick I ate nothing but popsicles for a week and lost 7 pounds, and I was like this was great I'll just have to keep it off, after just a few days all that wieght was back on and gaining steadily since then until now.
    What you are doing is not just a fad diet, you are changing habits that will be a life long obtainable goal, you are giving to your body exactly what it needs and it is reacting nicely back to you for it, 15 pounds lost is amazing, don't ever forget that, and it hasn't taken you much time at all, and what you see in others they are probably seeing in you.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You are forming lifelong habits that will make you stronger and healthier and lighter and leaner every single day for the rest of your life.

They are cheating with shots and pills and unsustainable crap.

They will yoyo, you will not. You win. :bigsmile:
  • karenpeb
    karenpeb Posts: 23
    Options
    My in laws made it unbearable to visit them during the holidays so I can understand EXACTLY what you mean.
    I told them I didn't want to hear another word about mine or anybody's weight or if we were dieting because it was none of their business. The comments would only make me feel worse about myself and sabotage any feeling of confidence that was left. If I did eat around them I'd feel they were starring at me, but if I didn't eat they'd have to comment on why I wasn't eating. What a trap that is???

I talked to my husband's aunt and only had to say one thing to make her (because she was the worst one) stop.

"When you talk or look at me is my weight all you see?" I think she got the point. She's much more nice now. :happy:

698711.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lizeth004
    lizeth004 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank You to all of you for your support and great advice, it's amazing how sometimes people you don't know can do a wAy better job at making you feel confident again than youre own friends and fam. I really appreciate it a lot! Yes we can do this!:drinker: