How Should I Start?

Reno911_Girl
Reno911_Girl Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm wanting to know certain things i should do as a start to my toning up/weight loss.

1. Is it a good idea to use a body cleanser? If so would it interfere with me working?

2. What sort of vitamins would be good to take since i know i dont get enough nutrients?

Anything would help :)

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I can't help you on the cleanser part but the vitamins - take a good / complete vitamin designed for your age. :flowerforyou:
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    I would not recommend a cleanser. Anything your body "cleans" is bound to build up again. Plus they deprive the digestive system of the good bacteria it needs to keep the intestines healthy and promote good digestion.
    I would recommend circuit training. I am NOT a runner, but I have been working on a circuit of running until I am fatigued (used to be 30 seconds it seems, but am building up) and then walking a bit. Then I run again, then walk for a bit. I like it because I can run as much as i want, but I can walk when I am tired. I am building up to my first 5K, which I would like to do in about 30 minutes. Goal for that is in May. I just stated. I crosstrain on the days I don't do that, using fitness bands and my wii fit. It is working, along with watching my calories. I eat 1300-1500 a day, depending on my activity, but I don't do the "eating back" of calories. It seems to work out great so far, but every person is unique. You just have to find what is fun for you and stick with it! Experiment and try lots of new things and read the suggestions on the site. Good luck.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    No need to body cleanse....just take a natural multi vitamin....change up your eating habits (most importantly) and kick some butt at the gym

You got this come on
  • I'm just not much on the gym haha. i feel like people watching me (when of course they most likely are not) so I'm mostly going to do exercises where i can be inside. my only exception is walking, i'll walk outside around the subdivisions etc. There's a GREAT big hill near the kennel property i had walked before (VERY big and i got pretty sweaty haha).

And i just wanted to make sure about the cleanser etc since i see about it on commercials and i pass them when i look around at walgreens.

I'm thinking of going to the Vitamin World store thats close to my house to find some not so expensive multivitamins (plus i saw one for hair, skin, and nails that i may need since my nails are crap and to me my skin doesn't seem the greatest)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I started here on Jan 1 with three of my co-workers. We all bought the Colonix cleanse. They did it - I didn't, I was nervous because I have a senstive stomach so i wanted to wait and see their results first. They all agreed it was a waste of time and money and they felt no different after completing the cleanse. We've all had similar results from the diet and exercise.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Trust me - when you start eating the fiber you're supposed to and drinking the amount of water you're supposed to - you'll be "cleansed".. no need to buy a special potion that will only make you feel frustrated.

So... your original question... how should you start? You've already done it. You signed up! Enter your info into MFP and follow what it tells you to eat. Track everything that you eat and drink. Then - move.

I don't do the gym either... and for similar reasons. I know that no one cares what I look like jiggling and sweating... but I'm not comfortable working out around other people. I have a treadmill that I use at home and a wii fit.

If you can afford it - I highly recommend a heart rate monitor... there is nothing like cleaning your house and being able to count that as a workout! I went out to shovel the other day and burnt 733 calories in an hour and a half!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    If you want a cleanse, go see a chiropractor & have him push the magic button on your gut. It is not fun, but it gets everything moving like crazy! Best of all... NO PILLS. Can't wait to see mine again on the 12th and have him push the "digest button" :)
This discussion has been closed.