5K training material

Options
I am needing some websites or information on training for a 5K. I have the c25k website, but was wondering if there is any other good places to get information. I am running my FIRST 5K on October 16th and think since I don't run I should start training now, rather than in August like my packet states I should start training for it. Thanks for any help!!

Replies

• stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have just started training for a 5K in June. I am very injury-prone (developed Achilles tendonitis while power-walking last year, so I couldn't really do that how I wanted to anymore) and I had a spinal fusion surgery 4 years ago, so I found a program that's a 15-week preparation. It alternates cross-training and enters a weekly rest day. You can find it at

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html

Good luck with your training!
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Check out the Active.com section on running, or Runnersworld.com has some excellent material as well. Poking around the forums at either site yield a whole host of good information. Most people on their are more than willing to answer questions, kinda like here.
  • steppingstone
    Options
    Hi. You don't have to wait to start the c25k program. Go ahead and start it now and when you finish the training program, you can just keep repeating the last week, or develop your own training program then. The sooner you start training the better you will be able to run. I ran my first 5k last June, and even though I was very slow, I was extremely proud of myself for finishing. You'll do great!
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I am actually really excited!! And knowing I have 7 months to prepare myself makes me a little more comfortable!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Here is a site that has good running tips. http://www.runontexas.com/TrainingClasses/TrainingTips/trainingtips.htm

Good luck.