Help me find my motivation!!

Options
I'm not new to MFP. I was here last year and it really helped ... but then I plateaued, got frustrated, and then got lazy. BUT, now I'm back and hoping to find the motivation to get this extra weight off for good! I could use all the support I can get!! A little about me ... I'm a stay-at-home mother of 3 (ages 11, 9, and 2) and I need to lose about 40 lbs. Oh and I LOVE chocolate and hate exercise!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Oh and I LOVE chocolate and hate exercise!

Hm. That could be a problem going forward.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I need the motivation as well. I started out strong last year and just the same plateaued and stopped. I have a NEW JOB and a new attitude and many more pounds to lose! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can check the Motivation and Support thread or the Success stories. They have a lot of good posts regarding motivation and before after accomplishments from people that might help to get you going. Personally I'd say to make up your mind on what you want for yourself with MFP.
  • ArizonaDreaming
    ArizonaDreaming Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A chocoholic friend of mine told me that this works for her (she lost 40 lbs)!
    Keep a few chocolate chips in a small bowl...
    Then, when you have a craving... just eat 2 or 3! She says this satisfies her sweet tooth.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I recently saw someone who posted that they use a list to help keep them on track. I'm thinking about doing this too. Something along the lines of:

Drink 8 glasses of water a day (check)

30min of exercise (check)

30min of strength training (check)

10,000 steps on Fitbit (check)

Just tossing some thoughts out that might help. Oh, the other thing that's helped me in the past has been to make a bargain with myself: No soda (whatever treats you want) until I have completed x, y, z.

Hope that helps a bit. I know it's hard.