first pregnancy, started to feel unmotivated... HELP!!.

Options
2»

Replies

• thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm at 20 weeks and I've lost 10 lbs so far by ... doing nothing, seriously, I've been eating tons and I had to slack off the exercise quite a bit just due to tiredness. I say just keep an eye on your weight and talk to your OB about where your weight should be. Mine said my weight loss was surprising but not unusual for an overweight person. /shrug
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My first trimester was really rough. I didn't get morning sickness, but I was exhausted 24/7. It felt like I could not sleep enough no matter what I did.

I totally know how you feel and commend you on not using pregnancy as an excuse to pig out and sit on your butt all day.

The best thing you can do for yourself is set your calorie goal at maintenance, try to preplan your meals for the day so you know what you can have and what you're going to eat (this cuts back A LOT on cravings), and try to get in at least 30 minutes of activity every day. Staying active is really important to keeping you mobile and healthy throughout your pregnancy.

Good luck to you!