In need of some expert advice please

fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have recently reached my goal weight! I'm so proud and i have all my fellow mfp pals to thank. :flowerforyou:

Anyway, even though i am happy with my weight, there are always going to be areas to improve on. this leaves me wondering- what's the next step? i'm not sure if i should switch my account to maintenance mode or if i should leave it. (i'm comfortable with my current calorie intake) also, i want to start concentrating on muscle tone and definition. (i want those abs to be visible!)

is there anyone who can give some advice in this situation? feel free to check out my food diary :happy: thanks again mfp.

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    (I'm no expert, but....) Obviously you want to do abdominal exercises, but visible abs are only going to come with loss of body fat. I think it is Tony Horton (of P90X) who says "Abs are made in the kitchen." So, it sounds as though you might want to lose a little more to get the definition you desire. And incorporate weight training, if you aren't doing that already.

Edit to say CONGRATS on reaching your goal weight!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I am in a similar situation. I am at my goal weight but am not sure what to do next. Personally I am going to keep on training and I have increased my food diary to 0.5lbs per week. I was gaining weight on maintenance calories.

I hope others chime in on this topic.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.