Is the Magic Bullet really magic?

Options
So I like to mix up protein smoothies and such. I think my little one-serving blender is losing its luster and it may be time to replace it. The Magic Bullet blender is everywhere this time of year. Do you have one or something else? I want something small that does not take up a lot of counter space like a blender does. A one serving blender cup is fine with me as I am the only one who drinks 'em. Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated!

Replies

• abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I had the first generation of magic bullet a few years back. I can't really speak for the current models but I'm guessing they haven't changed much. The original one was fantastic. It worked very well. I'd consider buying another one.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The Magic Bullet is actually pretty crappy. It's nothing more than a small single serving-size blender with a motor that dies fairly quickly. My father went through 3 of them before he decided it was just a money sink.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet brand blender that I LOVE I wholeheartedly recommend it or any other single serve blender.
  • melindainokc
    Options
    I love mine...It is AWESOME! I use it all the time
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for close to 7 years. I have it used for everything from frozen drinks and smoothies to baby food. Love it!
  • cindyb6045
    cindyb6045 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I like mine! Haven't had any trouble with it at all...it's great for shakes/smoothies!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why one would keep a magic bullet in the kitchen. I do love protein shakes, but I wouldn't necessarily want my friends/family to see anything related to that.

Eta: it is pure magic
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Mine kicked the bucket after 9 years of use. Baby food, smoothies, pulverizing oatmeal for the kids baths when they are itchy.. I loved mine!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I used to date a girl with one and yeah, she said it was pretty magical. It made me insecure tho, so i had to break up with her. So yes, magical, but bad for relationships.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Not the magic bullet I was expecting.....
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    10/10 women would recommend.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If you think a blender is magic then yes.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    :tongue: My Magic Bullet Keeps me VERY Happy!!!
    Wait! What?? Oh Wrong Bullet
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    lol @ the innuendos

I have a GE brand single serve blender. Comes with all the same things as the bullet (5 tall cups, a small cup, lip rings, 2 shaker lids, 2 regular lids, recipes included with the instructions, 2 blade bases...), but costs $20 as opposed to $50-$60 . I've only had it for like a week and a half so I can't comment on it's longevity, but as a product, I do like it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I can't help it. Whenever I see "magic bullet" or "nutribullet"....I keep thinking they are suppositories...ROFLMAO
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, there's a tiny inter-dimensional rip in the bottom, inside of which Cthulu pirouettes in eternal torment; his razored tentacles are actually what pulverize the food. So, no, it's only magical if you don't understand the science behind it.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    The Magic Bullet is great. I use it to make shakes, smoothies, and to puree fruit.. My husband loves it for making omelets and such.. They are great for single servings AND easier cleanup, just put the cups and blades right into the dishwasher.

FYI -- You can go to their website and get replacement motors, I think they have a lifetime warranty or they are really cheap to replace or something like that. I know I sound clueless, but it is something that my husband did for ours when the motor quit working.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    There's one out there my mom bought, the Bella. I think Kohls carries it.
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've had two. The first one was a gift and I used it to make baby food and it worked wonderfully until we lost part of when we moved. We decided to buy another one when I started make myself shakes daily and well needless to say it only lasted a few months. So as far as using it to make a daily shake no I wouldn't recommend it.