Wheat Belly

Options
13»

Replies

• oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Have you ever read the book "Make ShiFt Happen" by Dean Dwyer? I actually read that BEFORE Wheat Belly and I found it much more inspiring!

No, I'll go look it up on Amazon. It has always annoyed me that while I eat healthier than most, and no more than most, I still struggle. The final part was this year. I gained weight while buying a house and moving, strictly from stress eating. But I gained more, even when I was done with that, walking 3+ miles a day, gardening, and eating pretty well. Something wasn't right.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    "People occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
    Read this instead of the book. Wheat Belly is unsupported nonsense to sell books.

http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.ca/2012/03/wheat-belly-busted.html
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Read this instead of the book. Wheat Belly is unsupported nonsense to sell books.

http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.ca/2012/03/wheat-belly-busted.html
    If "wheat belly doesn't exist then I will vouch that it DOES FOR ME. I switched from white flour to wheat and was having massive bloating immediately. I had to call in sick to work after going home for lunch and having a whole wheat sandwhich. I tried it a few times and then noticed on days I didn't have wheat, I was fine. So I gave it up and then when I revisited it, I found the same issues. I am definitely not able to have wheat.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options
    Just curious if anyone here has gone wheat/gluten free after reading Wheat Belly.

I did a trial period late last summer and had great results. Increased energy, decreased stomach distension, clearer skin, fewer headaches/backaches, etc. But, it is a complete lifestyle change and I was not ready to adopt it fully just yet.

My husband and I are thinking of getting back on the wagon and making a permanent change, especially now that there's been some success clearing up A.fib (hubby has it).

So, I'm looking for some wheat belly buddies, if you're out there, shoot me a friend request!

Thanks!
    I tried to discuss this in a thread yesterday and got laughed at and made fun of. I know all about this. I was told, "there is no research to support this by posters here, etc". I am currently trying to cleanse and take care of this now. Do you believe that this is from overgrowth of Candida?

the best fitness & health research is something that works for YOU, maybe not for others..join the primal/paleo group here and you'll get a better discussion.
    I will. Thank you!
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options
    I started Paleo on 1/1/13 to try something new.. wasnt having any luck in 12 months counting calories and killing myself at the gym. in 7 days I'm down 7 lbs.. and only with walking on my lunch break. I feel alot less bloated, certainly getting plenty of fiber aka veggies and protien. No grains, just light dairy (cheese in my salads). I feel great.. I have great hopes for this change of eating habits.
    I don't know how to delete, but this should be a delete.