Knee Injury

Options
I had a running accident on Saturday and now I am stuck in a full leg splint due to a torn knee ligament (Medial Collateral Ligament), pulled muscles and soft tissue damage. I don't have many free weights at home. What can I do to keep exercising given my injury?

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your injury.. I am also a runner sidelined with a meniscal tear.. surgery to fix it at end of month. Your injury is much worse than mine so I can still walk/run and do lower body work. Start with the weights you have at home and work upper body. If they are too light, maybe get bands or something like that. You can always do pushups, chair dips, etc...
    Good luck! Are you going to be having surgery?
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. I have been working out with a torn ACL and MCL for a year. I can't run, but I can go to spin class, I do yoga, and I swim.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. I have been working out with a torn ACL and MCL for a year. I can't run, but I can go to spin class, I do yoga, and I swim.

I think all that she suggests would be fine. BUT, first you have to get over the acute injury and let the swelling go down.
    Sometimes when we take things slow and easy, we get back to 100 percent sooner.