All Cardio on same day?

Options
I am starting my Power 90 program along with doing the C25K (couch to 5K) program. The way Power 90 works is you workout 6 days with one rest day. Days 1, 3, 5 are Sculpt or strength and days 2,4,6 are Cardio & AB days. C25K is only 3 days a week.

So my question is should I do my running program on the same days as my Cardio OR should I do them on my Sculpt days that way I am getting Cardio in 6 days a week?

Replies

• cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would be careful with that...in case it's going a little overboard...I found a training schedule online for people that do Insanity and half/full marathon training...pretty much the way that schedule is laid out is to do a disc one day and a training run the next...so it's like 3 days of discs and 3 days of running per week...Insanity is a 60 day program...but the schedule turns it into a 90 day training program.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of cardio 30 minutes of strength training 4-6 days a week. stop trying to kill yourself you cant rush weight loss it will only lead to sagging skin and the weight coming back triple
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    dont try to take on too much too soon

one or the other of those programs are plenty unless you are already in excellent shape

I would do one or the other but not 2 programs on the same day

too much too fast and you risk muscles too sore to do anything or burnout or worse, an injury

take your time

good luck
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Why not just do the running instead of the cardio workouts? Then you can do the cardio workouts whenever the weather doesn't let you get in a run.