Inner thighs

Options
I've been doing weights for several weeks now. I'm really starting to see improvement in my body shape. Except in my inner thighs. What does anyone suggest I do. I feel I'll need to give that area a little extra attention.

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Losing fat wise, you just have to give it time. You can't spot reduce. If you are looking for exercises that work those muscles, I think you'd be best with heavy weight squats, weighted lunges, weighted step-ups, walking lunges, etc.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Love inner thighs :love: :blushing:
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    more lean meat and balanced diet
  • myvgurl
    myvgurl Posts: 31
    Options
    squats, lunges, and the hip adduction machine
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, and the hip adduction machine

those will help her muscles develop, they will not eliminate fat.

Fat is eliminated by having a caloric deficit and fat works on its own timetable, you can't spot reduce.

sorry.
  • carriebailey72
    carriebailey72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to spot reduce. I'm trying to build muscle. I guess your exercise suggestion explains why I have these issues. I've been avoiding squats. They were really hurting my knees. I'm going to give it a try again now that I'm in better shape.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to spot reduce. I'm trying to build muscle. I guess your exercise suggestion explains why I have these issues. I've been avoiding squats. They were really hurting my knees. I'm going to give it a try again now that I'm in better shape.

if they are hurting your knees you may not have a good form...

I would personally check out Mark Rippetoe's youtube videos for form....

it may help.
  • kristanb05
    Options
    I do the hip abduction/adduction and leg press machines (both fully inclined and reclined), they really help build the muscle. The only way I can actually SEE the muscle though, is by watching what I eat and doing my cardio to get rid of the fat.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Go easy and go light until you get the form down. Performed properly, squats are not supposed to put a lot of stress on your knees. Get someone at your gym to teach you proper form.
  • carriebailey72
    carriebailey72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I sucked it up and did squats in the rack. Apparently it was my form because I didn't have any trouble doing them. Thanks for the help.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I share the same problem,

While I am still working on this.. I will also second the statement that you cannot spot reduce BUT with some cardio and extra squats/lunges/kettlebells you can see results. Good luck
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Have you tried, laying on the floor, starting position on your back, doing straight leg lifts 3 sets hold for 60 seconds? Have you also tried, the leg lift flutter kick and or scissors? Then next position would be from back to roll over to one side. Lift leg that is on the floor 12 reps to start. the other leg's foot is planted on the floor. Naturally do the other side. Build up your reps naturally?
    Swimming making sure you kick might help/
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options

Squats should not hurt your knees. Look up videos on form and do them in front of a mirror.