I am new here, and looking to share!

Options
Hi, my name is Andrea and I am from New York.

I had a baby three years ago and CAN NOT take off this weight! I also work full time at a desk job and have little time to exercise because my schedule is so rigid.

I am 5"2" and weigh 169. At my lightest about 6 years ago I was 142, and that was with lots of diet and exercise. I have always been on the chubby side.

I really want to get back down to a weight where I look and feel better. I have been using the MFP app on my phone for 2 weeks and lost 2 pounds. It's not always easy but I am so determined.

I am looking to make friends and build up (and return!) some support, ideas, and stories.

Thank you!

Replies

• cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me I'll support you.
  • ktownchik2005
    ktownchik2005 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I've always struggled with my weight as well and now after my two kids I'm worse then ever and trying to get it off:). If you need some support then I'd be happy to help. Us moms have to help each other after all!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi. You can add me.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome~ feel free to add me~ I try and post encouragement and a kick in butt every now and then if need be :)
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

The hardest part for me sometimes is the fact that my son refuses to eat most of the time .... and it so happened that I would end up eating my dinner PLUS his leftovers. 10 pounds later...

I am so mad at myself for gaining more weight on top of the baby weight. My pre-baby weight was 155 which for me, was still about 15 over my ideal weight.

I don't like obsessing about numbers and all that, I just want to look good! And it's so hard without the exercise.
  • goody62024
    Options
    Hi! We are in the same boat! I have about 60 pounds to lose after 2 kiddos and lots of procrastination. I've really been watching and tracking and exercising and have lost 8 pounds since the week before Christmas.....so I have my motivation. It would help having a cheering section :) Add me and I'll be yours!!
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. good luck on you loss
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    please add me. I am a mom of 2 and had the same issues. I have reached my goal weight and after 16 months, got the weight off. I will help motivate you as I am a daily user who posts on diaries and status when I can. =)

Good luck!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Totally know where you are coming from. I am looking for more people to help boost me and themselves up. I am soon to turn 40 and have not lost the last baby weight (and she is 10 now). I need to lose about 65 pounds to get to where I want to be. I started over again on 1/1 with determination.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • sisterofseven
    sisterofseven Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've made a great start. Feel free to add me :-)
  • mindovermattergp
    Options
    I just sent you a request! Good luck! I am in the same boat as you. I have three kids though. My oldest is 6 and my little girl is 17 months. I was 130 when I got pregnant with my daughter and went up to 145 before I gave birth. I didn't lose the weight and when I got pregnant a couple years later, I went from 145 to 155. I had my third a coupe years after that and went fro 155 to 168. I started working out in September and have lost 10 pounds so far. I would have loved to lose more but I am still nursing so I can only lose a pound a week. If anyone else is looking for friends, feel free to add me. My updates are lonely with just my posts :)
  • mrunner2
    mrunner2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We are all in this together!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started working out in September and have lost 10 pounds so far. I would have loved to lose more but I am still nursing so I can only lose a pound a week.

Good for you!! That must feel great.
  • laurachristina92
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys and girls :) x
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I also have a 3 year old that doesn't like to eat --- and we can't stop eating! silly kids!
    I'm a full time working mom at a desk, with two kids, and a husband and I'm also shy of 5 foot. we have a lot in common. I don't have as much to loose, but still fighting that extra food, and finding time to work out in our lives is tough!
    Feel free to add me
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea--sounds like we have about the same goals. I'm 170 and 5'3''--would love to be 135-140 again :)...working hard at it anyway!!! Feel free to add me!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Momma of two! Would love to support you!
  • mrserika721
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me, I'll support you (and anyone else that needs some support and motivation)! I know how hard it is to lose a few lbs. The last ones are always the most stubborn! But if you want to lose them, you will! Where there is a will, there is a way. The key here is to pair up regular cardio and strength training with nutritional foods. Be aware when you are eating and STOP when you don't feel hungry anymore. Eat for fuel, and enjoy every bite... but be aware when your stomach tells your brain it's full. Stop eating, save it for later, or throw it away if you must (better yet, don't serve yourself a lot!) Eventually you'll see that eating only when you're hungry and until that hunger subsides, will be easy to do. Losing weight is nothing more than making smarter decisions on a moment to moment basis. If you have a day job and work on the 4th floor, take a 10 min walk a couple of times a day and take the stairs instead of the elevator. You say you have no time to work out? Sure you do! You owe it to yourself. You know how good you feel after a workout? That great feeling of accomplishment and pride, not to mention the natural endorphins your body releases that make you feel good? Remember that feeling and try to achieve it everyday!

I need all the support I can get, too. I fall off the wagon, or lose my motivations sometimes too. Thats why I love MFP, because there is an opportunity to have a community of people with like-minded goals to help each other out and provide support! Friend me! I'll friend you! And, let's do this!!! This is OUR YEAR!!!

Erika
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...we are all here for the same reason :D Support always helps!
  • khassidy
    khassidy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me! I'm always looking for more active, motivated friends!