Hello, I am new to fitnesspal

Hi everyone, My name is Laura and I started this to get rid of some extra baby fat and tighten my tummy back up. I am really upset because I started eating healthy for the last two months (in addition to exercise) and I have actually GAINED more weight. Can anyone tell me why this is?

Replies

• ktownchik2005
    ktownchik2005 Posts: 34 Member
    It could be water weight or you could be gaining muscle since muscle weighs more than fat. If you ignore what the scale says do you notice any changes? Do you feel better? If you don't notice any changes then maybe you should ask a dr. Just let them know what's going on and see if they can help.
  • Hi Laura I hate weight as a measurement of fat loss. If your using the gym and exercising regular then there's a good chance you will gain weight. I managee a gym and we use measurements. I often say to clients to find a pair of trousers that are to tightt
    Put them away and try them again in 4 weeks. Hope this helps
  • Good morning from Australia .... I agree, use clothes as a guide. as disappointing as it is not to see your weight drop let alone gaining, the weight does fluctuate.. keep weighing but make sure you do have a pair of jeans or similar that you keep putting on, to feel the results of all your hard work. stay on track Laura, keep on looking after yourself ! :smile:
  • It could be water weight or you could be gaining muscle since muscle weighs more than fat. If you ignore what the scale says do you notice any changes? Do you feel better? If you don't notice any changes then maybe you should ask a dr. Just let them know what's going on and see if they can help.
    Wait....what? Muscle weighs more than fat? Are you sure?