Low Carb Question

Options
Hi all,

I follow a relatively low carb diet (between 100 and 150g) per day.

I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on what percentage of fat and protein I should eat daily.

I am currently eating daily around 28% carbs, 45% fat and 26% protein.

Many Thanks,

Replies

• lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I recommend 35% carbs, 25% fats and 40% protein!
  • nack_14
    nack_14 Posts: 13
    Options

this woman knows what shes talkin about ^
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

this woman knows what shes talkin about ^

:flowerforyou:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I am 25% carbs 35% proteins 40% fats. Your priority is meeting your daily energy goals in calories. Your macros are a distant second, with protein and fats being the most beneficial. Most foods I eat on a cut are higher fat and protein but lower carb. If you are satisfying the above principles and enjoy your food, go for it.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have learned that the best answer is probably "It depends on your goals".
    Are you trying to lose fat? Gain muscle mass? Maintain? Are you lifting heavy, or doing endurance cardio? Those factors might impact your choice of macro ratios.

I shoot for between 50-100g carbs/day. When I am ready for maintenance mode, I'll increase my carbs to 100-150g/day (which by default will bring my cals into a higher maintenance mode).

I have my macros set to 65% fat, 20% protein, 15% carb. However, I ran my pie chart for the last 14 days to see how it actually shook out, especially over the holidays. In reality, I ended up eating 57% fat, 22% protein, 21% carb. So now that I'm out of holiday treat mode, I will bring my carbs back down and fats back up, or keep carbs at 15% and play with the fat/protein ratios a bit more.