What motivates you?

Options
Like so many of you I am once again jumping back on the band wagon and trying to do this thing yet again. I am back to square one, again, and this time I am really determined to try to get down and stay down. I want to know what helped keep you going. Thank you for your support.

Replies

• courtneysmummy
    courtneysmummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hiya, good luck on your journey to losing the weight.

I've not long started my journey and so far what's motivated me is the people on here and also my six year old daughter as I want to be able to go on holidays and actually manage to do things with her.

Hope you find the motivation easily :) x
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thats an awesome motivator. I am glad your little girl is such a huge part of your life. Thank you for your in put. Best of luck to you as well :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    At my age I think much more about the health aspects than I used to, though the mirror is still probably my biggest motivator. Plus, I like being able to do things most others my age can't .
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It sounds cheesy but the way I feel after a day of healthy eating and exercising keeps me going. When I started this new lifestyle I saw some changes pretty quickly so it was easy to keep going. Now that the changes are happening more slowly, I pay more attention to how I feel after good days versus bad days. Since it's been 6 months, I feel HORRIBLE physically and mentally after a bad eating day. It's enough to keep me on the right path. Hopefully the same works for you!
  • forest0spirit555
    Options
    It sounds cheesy but the way I feel after a day of healthy eating and exercising keeps me going. When I started this new lifestyle I saw some changes pretty quickly so it was easy to keep going. Now that the changes are happening more slowly, I pay more attention to how I feel after good days versus bad days. Since it's been 6 months, I feel HORRIBLE physically and mentally after a bad eating day. It's enough to keep me on the right path. Hopefully the same works for you!

Wow congrats on your loss thus far! And you make a good point. I think at my best moment I did feel amazing but I missed sweets so much I just fell off the truck. Its especially hard when no family or friends eat well. I live with people who tend to eat fast food 6 times a week and there is never anything green in the fridge. It makes things hard to stay on track.
  • courtneysmummy
    courtneysmummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    I am unhappy with my body and I feel like I've lost a lot of confidence - its preventing me doing things I love (ie going to the beach) cos I hate the way I look in bathers right now!

Getting married in Feb 2014 so want to feel confident and pretty in a beautiful wedding dress
    I LOVE surfing and snowboarding but at the moment lack the fitnesss and strength to progress with them
    Health - I want to live a long healhty active life and stay looking youthful - McDonalds will not help me do that
    Stress relief - My work is pretty full on and I find I get pretty overwhelmed. Working out keeps me sane, happy and able to handle my busy days, I might be tired from work, I'm even more tired if i don't exercise!

Wow - that kinda helped me writing it all down - might have to print this out and put it on my wall

hehe good luck!
  • forest0spirit555
    Options
    Bump
  • hamilton040
    hamilton040 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well my motivation comes from a few things my brother is losing weight and that has inspired me to get healthy. My husband and kids want me healthy. But 1 thing that I never did before was write down goals, I have 8 goals that I want to reach and they are all reachable and I will reward myself for each goal. My last goal will be by my 28th bday to reach my goal weight and be happy!
  • amandalei07
    Options
    I have been keeping a breakfast cereal bar... like the cinnamon toast crunch cereal bars with milk.. with me for when i have those cravings for sweets... and all i do is take one bite... its so sweet and chewy it helps get rid of that craving and at the end of the day whatever i didnt eat (which usually i end up only taking one bite or maybe two through the entire day) i put it in a ziploc bag and save for the next day or i throw it away :) its great bc it is sweet and a bite is just enough for me... and 1 bar 190 calories... its not too terribly bad... but i def save it and make it last for awhile