Almond milk question . . .

Options
dragonfly74
dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
what are the real benefits of almond milk? I just bought some and tried it for the first time and like it just fine, however, I like regular milk too. So what is better about the almond milk nutrition wise (besides saturated fat and sugar)?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It's a good option for vegan and lactose intolerant diets. I was thinking about trying it, but then I realized it doesn't have as much protein as skim milk.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well it's dairy and soy free, which a lot of people have a big intolerance too. I loved it for so long, used it with my Shakeology, although began having stomach issues from the flavored kind (unsweetened Vanilla), so had to stop taking it. I don't think there are tremendous health benefits from it, so if you are lacking calcium, I'd definitely get that from your milk, otherwise have this as a fun substitute in your cereal or coffee.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's a lot easier on the body to digest. We recently switched my baby to it (she'll be 20 months soon), and she had awful reflux on regular milk (like pukes in the middle of the night awful reflux, and incredibly restless sleeper-- all we heard was thunk, thunk, thunk all night as she tossed & turned and bumped around in her crib). Within days of switching, she was sleeping like a ROCK. She hasn't had a reflux episode since, and she seems so much happier. I have reflux, too, and I'm also doing so much better on almond milk. Even hubby is converting! (and he doesn't have digestion problems)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    alright! thanks for the input ladies. Guess I will use the almond milk up and then keep with my skim milk. :happy: