calories burned??

Options
So i heard the elliptical machine calories burned thing isnt correct;....and when i punch in my time on my diary it gives me a completly diffrent calorie number. Which one should i use? Which one is closer to the right amount of calories burned? Thanks!

Replies

• ideretic
    ideretic Posts: 38
    Options
    i just go with whatever machine tells me ... and it's usually less than it says here when I type it in.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I also go with what my elliptical tells me and it always shows alot less than what this site does.. and my elliptical count comes with in just a few of what my heart rate monitor says..so keep logging from you machine..
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    Sometimes machines are way off in estimating total calories burned. Elliptical is usually accurate, but other machines are like 100 calories off.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    INteresting in that the elliptical I use always indicates I burn about 150 calories MORE than MFP does. I personally always go with the lesser amount on exercise and the larger amounts on calories in an effort to be sure that I am burning more than I am in-taking...hey, but that is just me.
  • melissa97
    melissa97 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks im gonna stick to my elliptical! :smile: