Weight Loss and Spirituality? YES

If anyone is at all interested/open minded enough to check out A COURSE IN WEIGHT LOSS, here is a quote from the author about the book. http://www.acourseinweightloss.com/about/

"If your 'weighty thinking' does not change, then even if you lose weight you'll retain an overwhelming subconscious urge to gain it back. It's less important how quickly you lose weight, and more important how holistically you lose weight; you want your mind, your emotions, and your body to all 'lose weight.' Weight that disappears from your body but not from your soul is simply recycling outward for a while but is almost certain to return. It's self-defeating, therefore, to struggle to drop excess weight unless you are also willing to drop the thought-forms that initially produced it and now hold it in place."

- Marianne Williamson

Replies

• peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    wow, how true!!! I like the quote!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Nice. My favorite from Marianne ~

~ "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    You know what? Thank you for inspiring me to reread that quote I just posted. It's always right on time. :flowerforyou: