calories for dvd workouts

Options
Just wondering how other people count calories when they are using a dvd. I do BL bootcamp and yoga and I am not sure that I am accounting for calories correctly. Any ideas?

Replies

• dpalisha04
    Options
    I am not sure about those BL workouts. I have been doing the Last Chance Workout. And that one is basically a circuit workout so I searched for circuit training and there is one under there and I use that one. I don't know if this will help you any or not but hope it does!
  • jmb1510
    jmb1510 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the DVD workouts you are using, but the best way is to use a heart monitor. Get a good one and it will tell you the calories. Get a cheaper one that tells you only your average heart rate and you can use this website, http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/ to calculate your calories. That's what I do for my Power 90 and P90X DVD's.
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    Options
    whatever i am doing...yoga, aerobics, dance, etc. i count how many minutes only of what i am doing. i dont know if that's right but it works for me. i watch the clock while i am following the dvd.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and create my own workout entry based on whatever dvd I'm using. Then I just select the dvd and manually update the minutes and calories burned so I know exactly what i did with which workout. Easier for me to keep track and if I'm in a bind for a workout I know which one will burn the most calories in the same amount of time!