Grocery List

Options
So I want to start creating better food and have food ready to make low cal low carb food.. What kind of food do I need to buy? Please give me an example Grocery list that maybe you use!.. Btw recipes are more than welcome! :)

Replies

• ariana1990
    Options
    Can't go wrong with protein - fish (mmmm salmon!), chicken, veggies, eggs. You can get by with pretty basic foods, as long you get creative! Today I had some tuna salad (minus the mayo), eggs with salsa.

Some favorites

* Cut sweet potatoes into halves, fill with black beans, corn, tomatoes, light cheese/light sour cream and bake

*black bean soup

* cottage cheese with strawberries and bananas as a snack

* chicken breast with avocado, cilantro and lime

* zucchini boats filled with light ricotta, carots, garlic, lemon.

I;ve found that focusing on protein eliminates my focus on carbs ( which i love). If you do miss the carbs just make sure theyre whole-grain!
  • rosalvarez
    Options
    Hi there... sorry to intercept the message but ive been looking for a black bean soup recipe. Wondering if it's possible to pick your brain on the one you use?? Thank you!!! Rossana
  • ariana1990
    Options
    I really like using black beans, chicken broth, tomato, onion, and just a little lime. I usually just wing it and taste as I go to get it just right, but the recipe on this site seems pretty close to what I do:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/black_bean_soup.html

I also like Trader Joe's Black Bean Soup that comes in a refrigerator friendly box!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Low cal low carb food = non starchy vegetables, cottage cheese, prawns/ shrimp. You can't achieve a balanced diet if you don't increase your intake of protein and fat to compensate for the loss of the calories and nutrients in carb rich foods. if you are going to avoid grains, beans and lentils you need to eat plenty of nuts and seeds for the minerals and fibre.