Popcorn

Options
meerkat70
meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
I love popcorn. How do you prepare it in a manner that won't get you into trouble... ?

Replies

• therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Air popped! I got my air popper at a local thrift store for 2.00 and it works great. Then I dress it with a little olive oil cooking spray and lots of spices (my faves are cumin, cayenne pepper and nutritional yeast). DELICIOUS.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have an air popper too (a Lidl weekly offer, £12 I think). I prefer my popcorn popped with nothing added but the machine comes with a pot for butter (EVIL so have never used that bit!). As kitty says, you can liven it up after popping in saintly ways :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you don't have an air popper, you can also pop it in the microwave in a brown paper bag - no oil needed. Just 1/4 cup kernels, toss them in a bag, fold the top down a couple of times, and pop it like you would the store bought microwave stuff. Much cheaper and better for ya. Eat it plain, or top it with whatever you want.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    100 calorie mini packs, and I watch a deer eat it. :wink:
    :heart: you, meerkat.
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump. My DH loves his popcorn. I'll have to tell him about the do-it-yourself microwave.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Microwave it in a bag and if you want to add a topping (Mrs. Dash, etc) spray with a little butter flavored cooking spray first to make it stick.