Lunch Ideas

Options
I'm stuck on salad & I'm sick of wasting so much money on half rotted lettuce.

Ideas on what else I could take?

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Why limiting yourself to salad? craving? what about no lettuce salad? spinach? or just chicken and veggies mixed together. Or what about soup?
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I've been limited to salad for lack of better ideas, is all. haha.
  • janecashin
    Options
    What about a 6" subway without the cheese; use mustard or oil/vinegar for dressing. Sometimes I take the left over steamed/grilled shrimp from dinner the night before.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Progresso Light Soups. All are less than 100 calories per cup. The Chicken and Dumpling is awesome. The sodium is a BIT high though. Throw in Nabisco's mini saltines and I am in heaven.

My other staple is light 12 grain bread with Oscar Mayer 98% fat free ham or turkey. Again sodium is high. But believe it or not the turkey is higher in sodium than the ham. I also use a Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedge instead of mayo.

I can do soup and a sandwich for under 300 calories and be really full.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    laughing cow chhese, on rye bread with lean turkey

mmmmmmm

or real organic pb on whole wheat wrap with bananas
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK - a few ideas:

1. soup - a bunch of us at work are taking turns making different varieties of soup...easy to bring and keep on hand all week.
    2. Think spring! How about a caprese salad? Fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, mmmmm!
    3. I do a daily salad of an apple, lettuce, blue cheese, and craisins - I've even done it w/o the lettuce! This is my favorite b/c all I need to make sure I have on hand fresh is the lettuce. Everything else keeps for ages.
    4. Cheese and crackers!
    5. Surprisingly enough, I've managed to eat salami while losing weight. Did you know hard salami has only 100 cal per 4 slices? Not too shabby with a cheese, a sandwich round and mustard! (So under 300 cal for a decent sandwich)
    6. Hmmmm - what about cereal? When I am short on time and ideas, a bowl of any cereal in the cereal aisle is about 180 calories. Add milk and voila! A lunch under 300 calories!
  • jules2004
    Options
    I like to make tuna wraps with a little light or fat free mayo, celery, pickles. Yum!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I like to make tuna wraps with a little light or fat free mayo, celery, pickles. Yum!

My favourite lunch is quite similar, I take large leaf lettuce, spread a laughing cow cheese wedge on it, then my tuna, salt and pepper and I wrap it like a wrap...I don't eat breads of any sort and found that lettuce makes a perfect wrap!
  • mdeguzman
    mdeguzman Posts: 35
    Options
    The tuna leaf wrap sounds yummy!
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    A serving of imitation crab, a tbs of canol mayo and a heafty sprinkle of dill. I eat that with honey wheat club sticks and a pomegranante applesauce.

Turkey pepperoni, light cheese stick, 100 cal pack of wheat thins with a fruit cup.

Cucumbers and hummus.

Frozen Green Giant Healthy Weight veggies. The entire pack (technically 2 servings) is under 200 cal.

I like snack type lunches since I eat at my desk.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas, everyone! I'm going to incorporate these into what I take.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    lean cuisines! After a while i get sick of them but I have them about 2 days a week for lunch :)
  • techie71
    techie71 Posts: 1
    Options
    Soup is good and low carb if you choose a veggie one.

Working for me. :-)