Veil the mirrors!

Some days I feel like there is a veil over all the mirrors in the house. I can look into them and totally not see myself. I will look quickly to fix my hair, but skip over my face entirely. I think I have gone days without really seeing myself. I look every day to fix things, makeup, hair, teeth, etc... But if you asked me what I looked like, I'd probably get some vaguely hopeful image of my past self floating behind my eyes, and be completely unable to tell you the real answer.
Some days I WISH photos could share that same veil! It seems that photos have this absurd way of pointing to your biggest flaws and laughing. How I tend to hunch over a bit too much, how my neck always leans too far forward to look normal, how I've some how grown an extra chin, and how my clothes are all slightly uncomfortable looking.

Honestly, I am normally a very cheerful person. I don't ever talk about this stuff, but I think other stress factors in my life are pushing me too hard. Like suddenly life wants to test how far I'll bend before my normally cheerful demeanor snaps.

I many ways I hope I am alone in feeling like this- I really don't want to think of other people being down on themselves, but in some small way, I hope there is someone who can relate. Maybe even offer some advice or kind word to let me know the feeling will pass. The funny part is that I am actually on track with weight loss. I've lost 27lbs total (16 according to when I started using MFP). I am eating way better and getting back into exercise. It seems I am the only person who can't seem to see that its making any difference. Which I find odd.

Anyway... thanks for "listening" to my little vent session haha