Denny's?

Options
I'm going out with some of my friends in a couple nights to go eat at Denny's (the restaurant), does anyone have any ideas on how to keep my meal healthy/what to eat?

Replies

• sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    http://www.dennys.com/files/nutrition_facts.pdf

I just quick looked at their menu but they have fitfar stuff, maybe try that! have fun =]
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got about $75 worth of gift cards to Outback Steakhouse for Christmas from various relatives, so I looked on their website so I could see the nutritional info and make "battle plan." You could probably check the website for Denny's and see if they have that information.

Good luck! :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Now I need chicken strips.

Damnit.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Denny's... thumbs down.. lol

But look on their site. .most places list nutrition info now.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Damnit.

I have an oil-less fryer.. mine taste so good! LOL
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Besides their website if you go to mfp and put them in the search bar a lot of their menu comes up. This works for a lot of places
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Denny's actually has a lot of healthy choices. The big issue with that place is the lack of a la carte items and the huge servings.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Damnit.

This^^^^
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    They have make your own grand slams (pick four from a list of many items) if you're in the mood for breakfast. I do two hearty wheat pancakes with sugar free syrup, two turkey bacon strips, grilled ham, and fruit and it comes in at less than 600 cals, which is quite a bit but it is super yummy and very filling!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Breakfast food: egg whites, turkey bacon and wheat pancake
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Before my gluten allergy was discovered, I went to Denny's and they were so committed to making my meal healthier, they put ONIONS in my PANCAKES.

(Sadly, that's true)

PS - make one of the omelets with egg whites, get tomatoes or fruit on the side instead of potatoes, and get some whole wheat toast.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Within MFP
    Food > database > Denny's
    they have a ton of their foods available in MFPs database
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've had pretty good luck with getting the waitresses at Denny's here to let me order off of the senior menu. I like the Senior Fit Fare Grilled Chicken. It is a pretty reasonable meal out without having to ask for a lot of changes. Grilled Chicken, Broccoli, Corn and a salad.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Damnit.

oil-less fryers!?!?!?! my life just changed.
  • terbeest2009
    terbeest2009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I know I'm going to go to Denny's I go to that day's calorie tracker and put that food in first before I decide what else I'm going to eat that day. I went to Denny's and had a half order of Zesty Nachos (definitely not healthy) but because I had carefully planned what else I would eat that day I had saved enough room in my calories, carbs, fats, proteins, and sodium to have that.

In my opinion, a person isn't going to stick to a food plan if they have to give up everything they once loved. So instead of cheating, plan. Make that burger or shake or whatever it is you'd normally get at Denny's fit into your food plan for the day.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Denny's has a list of Fit low calorie menu items.
  • dlrosen
    dlrosen Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone! :)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Damnit.

oil-less fryers!?!?!?! my life just changed.

But, I like the oil....:(
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Dealing with servings is easy. Just ask for an extra plate and put all the extra food that you won't eat on it and take it to go. Two dinners (possibly) for the price of one.