Anyone with Polar HRM know what (I) means when displayed?

shutter_bug7783
shutter_bug7783 Posts: 34
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a Polar F6 HRM and during my work out today a symbol that looks like (I) appeared on the left side of the exercise time. It's happened on a few other work outs in the past. I just didn't think anything of it. It was still receiving my heart rate and the clock was working fine. So I just kept working out. But now I'd like to know what it means...

I tried looking in my manual and didn't see anything on it. I also went to the Polar USA website to check their message boards. Nothing. You can't even search for anything! I did find out how to remove that barbed wire looking thing in the middle. Not that it bothers me, but cool to know. In case it does bug some of you... Just hold the "up" button for two seconds and it disappears. Hold it again and it reappears! Spiffy, huh?

Anyway, has anyone else with a Polar HRM had it appear? I don't have the VO2 or whatever set up. I mainly use it for calculating my calories burned. I haven't had to replace the batteries yet... could that be it?

If no one knows, I'll try calling Polar directly. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    I think that it just means that the backlight will automatically come on when you push any of the other buttons.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    I have no clue what that symbol means but just wanted to add that you can customize that graphic if you want as well.
This discussion has been closed.