Some basic home equipment for strength training at home

Options
I want to possibly start heavy lifting and strength training but am not able to go to a gym to do it. I would like to know what you use for those of you that strength train at home. I do not have a lot of room for any large machines so I want just the basics.

Replies

• jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i have a weight bench and a squat rack. you can get a bench/rack combo that's not too big. craigslist is a great place to look. you can get some really nice equipment from there for a good price. add weight plates and dumbbells and you are good to go.
  • jeffsweightloss
    Options
    or you could get a power rack (a squat rack) and add a bench that you can move around.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i have a weight bench and a squat rack. you can get a bench/rack combo that's not too big. craigslist is a great place to look. you can get some really nice equipment from there for a good price. add weight plates and dumbbells and you are good to go.

Thanks! I will definitely look around on craigslist for something.
  • jeffsweightloss
    Options
    you are welcome. take measurements of your space...and go look at equipment at some stores. that'll give you an idea of how big you can go. glad i could help. anything else...just ask.