Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I just need motivation

I'm a senior , I'm graduating this year and I want to look nice for prom(#1 Motivation) I just don't know how to keep a diet especially since i'm still in school ... I need someone to give me an extra push and to be my support ... If anyone would like to help I would really appreciate it.
Thank god I have a body building class.

I'm 17 :) Almost 18 ...in a month.... so Prom is in May ...
Goal: 60+ pounds off my body

Replies

• BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Hi there

First of all, I noticed that your goal is really high! I lost just about 60 lbs (the healthy way) and it took me over 9 months.
    What would be healthy is to loose about 5 pounds a month. That would be around 25 lbs for your prom! I would suggest that you work on weight lifting, you might not see changes on the scale, but you'll see a difference in your body that's just not possible with cardio alone.

If you ever want any ideas for ways to change your diet/exercise let me know, I'm happy to help and at least share what worked for me.
  • well, going by the calorie limit we get here, and logging all your food, should help you. But what the other commenter said is true, your goal is too high. You're more likely to get pretty frustrated. Just limit your calories, fill up on healthy calories, and exercise....there's no magical ingredient.
    as for motivation....well, it has to come from yourself....just remember that those prom and graduation pics will remain with you forever....that should be enough of a motivation...
  • Thank you .. I would like to know what is working for you , It might work for me who knows everyone's body is different but thank you for trying to help me I really appreciate it.... I do think my goal is pretty high and that's how much I want to loose by the end of the year . I just want to look fit for prom&graduation
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    as for motivation....well, it has to come from yourself....just remember that those prom and graduation pics will remain with you forever....that should be enough of a motivation...

I definitely agree.
    You know how people say that you can't quit smoking until you're "ready"? I find weightloss the same way! I tried and failed a hundred times, but when I was mentally ready, my body followed!

And just gonna mention that I have fat prom pictures... haha I wouldn't say that i regret being that size then, because I was happy, and the pictures are nice (if I do say so). But I'll be dammed if I have fat wedding pictures! :P
  • I'm ready to loose weight... I feel like their is something wrong with me becuz I have weighed the same for about 5 years it doesnt go up nor down it stays the same and finally now that i have my weight training class i have lost weight and I'm happy about that .. My body looks thick not fat which makes no sense but I have seen the way my body has changed and its time for a new me.
    lol Yea i dnt want to have my wedding pictures looking fat i want to wear a beautiful dress with a toned body :) a mermaid dress wuld be nice!