Exercising in the cold and calories

Options
nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
Okay, maybe I'm just looking for an excuse but . . .

I've been on MFP since May and have hit my goals every single week (and almost 28 days out of 30) since I've joined. Lost my pound a week, no problem.

The last three days I have been working in my cold basement cleaning. I am STARVING. Like I'm going to kill someone if I don't get something to eat starving.

I've tried all the tricks that always work for me - a few nuts, water, whatever. I don't normally log cleaning and this isn't 'heavy' cleaning. But I'm getting headaches like my blood sugar is low and I come upstairs after a few hours in the basement really chilled and really really hungry.

Should I just trust my body, log it as cleaning and eat the exercise calories? Or am I just lying to myself? I'm out of calories for the day and don't want to start the week at a deficit.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How about just eating a bit more? You don't have to log cleaning if you don't want to. Don't be afraid of red numbers on a computer screen. If you feel you need to eat, eat. If I'm feeling light headed and i suspect the reason is that I'm under calories I eat.
  • nxd10
    Options
    Thank you. Just needed a reality check there.

I did, in fact, eat.

A slice of bread I just pulled out of the oven and a piece of brie - 90 calories and I feel FINE.

It is COLD down in that basement! Off again to clean.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I did, in fact, eat.

A slice of bread I just pulled out of the oven and a piece of brie - 90 calories

try harder
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Take a warm shower and see if you feel differently.
    Okay, maybe I'm just looking for an excuse but . . .

I've been on MFP since May and have hit my goals every single week (and almost 28 days out of 30) since I've joined. Lost my pound a week, no problem.

The last three days I have been working in my cold basement cleaning. I am STARVING. Like I'm going to kill someone if I don't get something to eat starving.

I've tried all the tricks that always work for me - a few nuts, water, whatever. I don't normally log cleaning and this isn't 'heavy' cleaning. But I'm getting headaches like my blood sugar is low and I come upstairs after a few hours in the basement really chilled and really really hungry.

Should I just trust my body, log it as cleaning and eat the exercise calories? Or am I just lying to myself? I'm out of calories for the day and don't want to start the week at a deficit.
  • nxd10
    Options
    Wasn't hungry after I ate just that small amount. Cleaned some more. Took a shower to warm up. Went to bed. Had a big breakfast. And had still lost a pound over the last 3 days despite weighing after I ate.

Okay, keeping warm requires calories - whether they can be calculated or not. I guess physics does work.