Scale Problem? Which to believe?

Options
There is a 14lb difference between my scale at home at the scale at my gym.

The scale at home is electric and I'm already a little iffy on it since it gives me weird fluctuations but I figured maybe it was my own fluctuations.

The scale at the gym is one of the manual ones like at the doctors office.

Which one should I believe?

Replies

• kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would probably say that the one at the gym is more accurate, especially if the one at home is giving weird fluctuations.
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The manual one is probably more acurate. I have been having wierd readings from my scale too. I recently ordered me a new one from Amazon. The reviews were good so I hope it is accurate.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I notice that when I stop believing what the scale tells me is when I'm not losing weight but trying to convince myself that I am.
  • lemanuelthelazy
    lemanuelthelazy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought an electric scale from Walmart for like 10 dollars a year ago, and now it plays pranks on me. I'll get on and it'll be like "5,000 pounds!" and I'll be like WHAT? and it'll be like "Just kidding, you reached your goal weight!" and I'll be like WHAT?!? and it'll be like "lol just kidding, same as last week."

I guess you get what you pay for haha.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    The manual one is more accurate when it is properly calibrated. Depending on the model, you should be able to double check the "calibration" yourself. If it isn't it can be just as off as an electric one.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    since you are at the gym, you have access to materials where you know the exact weght. Take a dumbell or barbell free
    weights and put it on the scale and see how accurate it is.
    mike