How long

tammietifanie
tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
How long after i eat should i wait to workout??? I had dinner around 7:15-7:30 and wanted to work out around 8ish but wasn't sure if that will make my stomach hurt or will i throw up or get cramps

Replies

• girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Unfortunately, that is up to your body. I usually need to wait at least an hour if not more depending on what I ate and what my workout will be. That's why I get up and go before I do anything else in the morning! Plus there is the benefit of my body still sleeping while I force it to workout :yawn: Go ahead and workout, take it easy at first and see how you feel!
  • ideretic
    ideretic Posts: 38
    I've heard that you should wait for at least an hour before exercising but also it depends on what and how much you ate... some say you should have something small before workout so your energy level is up and it helps burning calories...
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    I had 8 oz of chicken breast and 1 cup mixed veggies so im hoping by 8:30 i will be okay to workout i just didn't know if someone was ever told by a trainer or at the gym when they should workout after eating something
This discussion has been closed.