Piercings!!

Options
SammyKatt13
SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
I was wanting to know where everyone buys their jewelry for their piercings. =)

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Spencers ... i know i know but its cheap
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    eBay are great for nose studs. I have to buy gold cos I'm allergic to silver :( normally $45-90 here in store. Bought 5 last week for $12 from eBay including postage!
  • SammyKatt13
    Options
    I buy from Spencers too.. =P I'm just having a REALLY hard time finding a store that sells the size I need for my lip thats not a captive bead. =P

I just spent an hour at a shop trying to put a new bead in my lip ring since mine fell out and it looks like ive been punched in the lip now. Worst experience ever!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Tattoo shop/piercing shop/or a shop with both. They tend to have the best stuff, at least in my opinion.
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hot topic.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bodyartforms - best and widest selection for body jewelry hands down. Some stuff is pricey, but there's some quality pieces that are worth it.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    I was recommended by a friend to go to painfulpleasures.com to start stretching my lobes. They're awesome, have a great return policy, and have tons of jewelry to choose from!

Another great site that my piercer recommended is metalmafia.com. I haven't personally ordered anything through them, but that's where he orders a lot of his jewerly.

If I just want a fix for something new NOW I'll usually go to Spencer's because they seem to have a wider variety of jewelry to choose from than Hot Topic (around here at least. :p)
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    freshtrends.com

I have gauged ears, so that's where I buy my plugs from. (originally discovered them on ebay).

They have other jewelry too. I signed up on their email list and there's a decent promo code time to time. Only have to spend $20 to get free shipping! You can return any jewelry you don't like (as long as you don't take them out of the packaging).
  • SammyKatt13
    Options
    Tattoo shop/piercing shop/or a shop with both. They tend to have the best stuff, at least in my opinion.

Not for me. There isnt that many shops around me, and out of the 3 I know are clean, only 1 had a ring in the size I needed and it took the guy an hour to get the bead in when he changed it for me. My lip is now more swollen then it was when I had it done months ago.. =(
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I get my jewelery from Hot Topic, or Spencer's.
  • SammyKatt13
    Options
    thank you for the sites everyone!

I'll take a look and order since I can tell this bead is going to fall out too and i'm so not going back to that shop again! :tongue:
  • munchlaxx
    Options
    Yeah, my local shops suck. Took them ages to find the size to start my gauging at. Found out when I went back (to start gauging upper lobes) that I had 10g starters instead of 12g. I am SOOO glad I didn't order any 12g plugs (online) after my first visit. I was eyeing 5 pairs on ebay. :|

EDIT: At least I am over the "OMG OMG OMG I NEED MOAR PLUG VARIETY" phase. XD - Now just plan on having like 2-3 pairs for each gauge
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my local shops suck. Took them ages to find the size to start my gauging at. Found out when I went back (to start gauging upper lobes) that I had 10g starters instead of 12g. I am SOOO glad I didn't order any 12g plugs (online) after my first visit. I was eyeing 5 pairs on ebay. :|

EDIT: At least I am over the "OMG OMG OMG I NEED MOAR PLUG VARIETY" phase. XD - Now just plan on having like 2-3 pairs for each gauge

The shop started a fresh stretch for you at 10g?? I wouldn't go back to them anytime soon! Hopefully your lobes are fine - but that's definitely not a place to revisit!
  • mikoodles
    mikoodles Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm into really feminine piercing jewelry, so i shop on easy
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    eBay
  • CatAriSal
    CatAriSal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Etsy? If so, what sellers do you buy from?
    I'm into really feminine piercing jewelry, so i shop on easy
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    usually at a piercing studio. some of the stuff you buy at mall stores or online is really bad quality to be putting in your skin. it's worth it to just pay the extra money for the good stuff!
  • munchlaxx
    Options
    usually at a piercing studio. some of the stuff you buy at mall stores or online is really bad quality to be putting in your skin. it's worth it to just pay the extra money for the good stuff!

Sorta depends on the studio...Some could pay extra money for good stuff, but get some utter crap.

You can get just as good stuff from reputable online body jewelry shops.
  • munchlaxx
    Options

The shop started a fresh stretch for you at 10g?? I wouldn't go back to them anytime soon! Hopefully your lobes are fine - but that's definitely not a place to revisit!

I used to have regular pierced ears (hadn't worn any for 5 years), so they used the existing holes...maybe that had something to do with the larger starter? They went on about giving me 14's...then the girl said something about 12's...

Then I go back 6 weeks later and find out she actually put 10's. -_-

My left lobe got a little infected, but overall my lobes are fine, thank goodness. I stretch my ears at home now...I figured with the local options, home stretching is a safer bet. Lol
  • rockymtnlove
    Options
    painfulpleasures.com has a good selection and quality, and cheap