Diets

Options
Has anyone ever used any diets.....

For example i have recently heard of the Dukan Diet, The Cambridge diet, we all have heard of atkins....

Has anyone done a diet and seen results? Would you recommend any to your fellow slimmers?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

For example i have recently heard of the Dukan Diet, The Cambridge diet, we all have heard of atkins....

Has anyone done a diet and seen results? Would you recommend any to your fellow slimmers?

I've tried lots of diets. The only one I'd recommend is calorie counting. Most of the time I'd simply suggest a few simple improvements, based on the individual's current habits.
    0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    My diet is extremely high card low protein (previously to the last two days) so fancied doing a protein diet to get me used to eating these types of foods. Does that make sense?
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My friend lost a stone on the Dukan Diet, however as soon as she finished she put the weight back on as she couldn't maintain right and another went down from size 18uk to size 10uk on cambridge diet.

However the issue with these is not only cost, but habits as well. Both are pretty expensive, as Iron Smasher said, calorie counting, more water and lots of greens.

I have just watched my portions and tried to do as I said above and so far, so good.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    My main focus is on the calories, sodium and chol at the moment. I generally try to stay close to the carb and protien limit, but don't stress when I go over. I will add that in when I start to plateau...right now I am focused on counting.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

I would recommend a sound nutrition plan that has ample amounts of protein, carb, and fat.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    - no sugar
    - low carb
    - fruit diet
    - vegetarian (moral reasons)

I've basically been on them all, and failed on them all. I currently stick to calorie counting, but try not to eat gluten ecause of allergies. Diets are stupid. Anything that restricts you from either an entire macro or food group is setting you up to fail. Unless you are allergic or have medical reasons, of course.
  • katyparish
    katyparish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Since you're currently high-carb, low-protein anything that limits carbs will be difficult in the beginning. But once you break the carb addiction, you'll feel loads better!

Might I suggest you look into eating Primal? It's a more relaxed version of Paleo that focuses on high protein, high (healthy) fat, and low carb. You limit dairy (I still put cheese in my eggs) and cut out sugars and processed foods. It's definitely not a "diet" - it's something you'd have to commit to for the long-term. I have found that I feel SO much better on Primal though - more energy, sleeping better, and just a general feeling of wellness.

As far as carbs - I have found that if I eat a lot of carbs (from bread or otherwise) it completely stalls my weight loss. I aim for under 100 carbs a day and most of mine come from my coffee creamer which is the one indulgence I'm not ready to give up. :) I would look at your carb intake and see where you can trim. I'm not saying you have to give up all breads/carbs if you don't want to, but I'm guessing there is room to cut some out.

Definitely not a professional, these are just things that are working for me. Hang in there!