Quick, easy snack ideas

Options
I would like some suggestions of snack ideas that take little to no prep time. I am getting bored of the same snacks everyday like fruit, yogurt, veggies, rice cakes...

Replies

• dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    fruit and cottage cheese
    hard boiled eggs
    cup of soup, or premade soup pre-portioned
    ryvita and cream cheese
    crackers and hummus
    small portion of nuts or seeds, or home made trail mix
    half sandwich

That is all I can think of right now!
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Here are some of mine and I just rotate through when I get tired of something. I also try to figure out what kind of a snack i'd like texture wise too. sometimes it matters and sometimes it doesn't.

- hard boiled eggs
    - dried apricots (no sugar added) - I like these because they are not sugared and they are nice and chewy when you need it
    - almonds, either raw or dry roasted no salt
    - banana studded with almonds (YUMMMMY)
    - all different flavors of yogurt and I'll sometimes throw in a little cereal or fresh fruit like grapes, blueberries etc
    - apples with peanutbutter or cheese
    - half a sandwich, pbj, cheese, chicken or tuna
    - cucumbers or pickles
    - string cheese
    - cottage cheese w/black pepper (i'm one of those people who can't do fruit in my cottage cheese)

If I think of more I'll ping you :)
  • Meehansbride
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to add some of these to my next shopping trip. If anyone has more great ideas, please let me know. Thanks!
  • ktbug810
    ktbug810 Posts: 1
    Options
    Garlic triscuits and Garlic and Herb laughing cow cheese -- all time favorite!
    Fat free pringles
  • mdeguzman
    mdeguzman Posts: 35
    Options
    tuna packed in water : Drain add lemon juice salt pepper and enjoy!
  • amandamcginnis
    Options
    Sugar-free Jell-O, String Cheese, Melba Toast with Fat-Free Cream Cheese, Fruit salad: grapes, strawberries, orange slices sprinkled with coconut, or raisins. Also, Taco Bell now has a Fresco taco that is low in fat and calories!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yoplait has a new 35 calorie per serving nearly fat free vanilla yogurt that's to die for I mix in a handful of frozen blueberries and strawberries and top it off with a crushed up half of an almond nature's something..lol crunchy granolar bars...but this morning my granola bars were all gone..ACKK! so a quick substitute of rice krispies added a nice crunch :happy:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The afternoon snack i've packed today is about a cup and a half of fresh spinach, a few slices of turkey meat, a little balsamic vinegar, and a slice of the garilc herb laughing cow cheese. I figured the laughing cow could suppliment any dressing I would have wanted to add. All for around 115 calories!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    By the way just eating this snack and it's GREAT!