logging aerobics - warm-up, cool-down, stretch?

Options
I often do step aerobics for cardio and have been factoring out the time for warm-up, cool-down, and stretch. Is that how it should be done? I figured I'm not burning as many calories during those parts.

Replies

• laurae
    laurae Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I often do step aerobics for cardio and have been factoring out the time for warm-up, cool-down, and stretch. Is that how it should be done? I figured I'm not burning as many calories during those parts.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I do it. I start my heart rate monitor as soon as I start warming up and turn it off as soon as I am ready to hit stop.
    Have a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I often take about 10 to 15 minutes off my total workout to account for the cooldown time, even though I know that it is also burning cals. I would rather have less cals entered than too many. HH:flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I go tot he gym most evenings, but i do include my 10 minutes of streching, just to make up the hour lol, i guessed it to be 10 cals too.

Cheers
    Al
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    You can always count it under stretching (burns 3 calories a minute for me). I time the warm ups and cool downs. At my gym, they are very short.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Maybe i should up my streching cals to 30?...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Maybe i should up my streching cals to 30?...

Just enter it in exercise under stretching/yoga for the number of minutes. Not everyone counts stretching, but I like to keep track of how often I do it.