How Many Pounds?

Options
I found this cool little site out there (maybe you've seen it) that kind of puts how much weight you have lost or plan to lose into perspective. I hope it helps to motivate you like it did me! It is also kind of cool to see your progress in other "tangible" terms than the mirror or scales!! Enjoy! :happy:

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/howmanypounds/

Replies

• deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What a great site for comparisons!
    I need to lose 8 pounds. I can either:
    NOT eat 40 Whoppers
    or
    Walk 322 miles.

I'll take the cut in calorie intake, thank you very much. (Although, the exercise would definitely tone up some sagging muscles). Humm, maybe a combo approach would be best.

Anyway, thanks for giving an interesting site.
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jump rope for 281 hours (12 days) straight! - thats going to be exhausting!!!
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    Jump rope for 281 hours (12 days) straight! - thats going to be exhausting!!!
    Yep, that would sure do me in. Anyway, that site reinforces my belief that a major key to weight loss is keeping track of those 3500 calories per pound of body weight (excess = gain, deficite = lose]. The MFP food diary helps with that.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I've said no to 1,251 slices of pizza, or 420 whoppers or 598 big macs or walked 1126 miles @ 3mph
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    I've said no to 1,251 slices of pizza, or 420 whoppers or 598 big macs or walked 1126 miles @ 3mph
    OMG, you are one dedicated dieter! Great work, one slice and mile at a time!!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Ew, I need to lose an 8 year-old boy, ha ha!