Coffee????

Options

Replies

• khagenow
    khagenow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was the same way - didn't think twice about filling the cup half with creamer and sugar before adding coffee. I drastically cut back how much soda I drank last spring though, and than realized that it made no sense to do that without cutting back (and eventually eliminating) the sugar in my coffee. From there, I started using less and less creamer - now I measure out about a tablespoon for a cup or mug...just enough to take the bitterness out for me.

Coffee is one thing that I can't fathom myself giving up. Everything else, well that's negotiable.
  • quitter1973
    quitter1973 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I went black years ago- used to add a little sugar but soon didn't have time for it. I still don't like black coffee for the taste but drink 3-5 cups every morning.- its like taking my medicine!
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually have my coffee with either low fat or soy milk, no sugar.
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I also can't go without my coffee :( But i cut down on sugar, a little bit by bit, and i'm also considering going black! Well done on your achievement! :)
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    I used to drink coffee with flavored creamer. I switched to black tea in the morning with nothing added. I like it much better. I still occasionally have coffee in afternoon with creamer.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    for me it goes like this....

every sip of black coffee.... HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, THIS IS GOOD.
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    for me it goes like this....

every sip of black coffee.... HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, THIS IS GOOD.

This. I used to use cream and sugar, but now I cannot stand sweetened coffee.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    once you go black, you never go back

*in my experience
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Eh, I put in a tablespoon of organic half & half and a single packet of sugar. Its not many calories.
  • Excira
    Excira Posts: 21
    Options
    I couldn't do the switch - so I gave up coffee altogether. Now, I'm a tea snob. (Loose-leaf tea with nothing added.) :)
  • roysandra
    Options
    still trying but your postdid make sense It helped me just thinking it posted on my fridg thanks
  • MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    I transitioned to black coffee several years ago. I took me about a week to prefer it. I now actively dislike sweetened, lightened coffee. It tastes like a children's drink to me, in the same way grape juice does if you've become accustomed to drinking a nice merlot.
  • nerdygirl2
    nerdygirl2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have always drank my coffee black. I love the taste but you have to brew it right. I like flavored beans but also love a good coumbian brew. Too many coffee shops brew it strong and bitter for example Starbucks and then it tastes awful black. I would say experiment with strength and type of bean used. You should be able to find one you love! I am currently drinking a cup of Seatle's Best Cinnamon Sugar Cookie and enjoying the calorie free cup of joe.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I switched from cream to almond milk (sometimes vanilla almond milk). Not exactly the same, but much easier transition than straight to black.

This sounds like a good idea. Think I might try using the almond milk.
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    I drink mine black with Splenda.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I always drank it black untill my gastric sleeve surgery, now my tummy doesn't like it black anymore. I have found at Sam's Club a sugar free coffee syrup that's really good and zero calories. Most artifical sweetners also bother my tummy, always have, but this one isn't bothering me. I add a tsp. of fat free creamer, so I get my coffee, my tummy is happy and I'm using very minimal calories. Hope this helps.
  • mtuna65
    mtuna65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I did it about 2 years ago and happy I did. Stick to it and you'll acquire a taste for it. Good luck.
  • BrianBarrett79
    BrianBarrett79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started liking it fairly quickly. Try making the coffee weaker at first so that you can really pick up on the taste. Also the quality of you coffee makes a huge impact on enjoying it black!
  • Bobbyjr72
    Bobbyjr72 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and a tablespoon of liquid L Carnitine (a little added sweetness and it burns fat too).
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I gotta have my coffee everyday. My day doesn't start til I've had at least a cup. I've never used sugar since there's so much of it in the creamer. For every 16 ounces I drink, I add either 3 tbsp or 4 tbsp, depending on the flavor.