Hair falling out! Help

Options
13»

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Yes. I had this happen. I was tracking with MFP, working out - all that, but until I got my Bodymedia armband my hair was falling out and my scalp was becoming more and more visible.

I increased my calories and now I eat at a 500 cal deficit from my TDEE and finally...my hair has stopped falling out.
  • Smeltzer2
    Smeltzer2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have oil in your food plan.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    25297d1309921005-intruder-recall-zombie-thread.jpg
  • earldinerobinson
    Options
    Shedding can be seasonal. Also if there's a baby at abt 8 months old hair loss is noticed because of hormonal changes. You may be deficient in b vitamins. Last but not least get your thyroid checked. No, I'm not a Dr. But I do have 40 yesrs as a hairdresser and has had thousand of clients with the problem and it is a process of elimination.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem on and off for many years. I have had thyroid tests and, in fact, just about every test known to modern medicine, I have had many different treatments both internal and external. I was part of a research programme into hair loss. It is not related to stress, depression, weight loss or any deficiencies.

In other words no-one knows why it happens. I hate how thin my hair is but I have had to learn to live with it.

Get yourself checked out - there may be a specific reason in your case.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This happened to me last year. It really worried me .Everytime I ran my fingers through it , it would come away in my hand. I hear it's common in runners , so maybe it's the cardio. I stopped running for 2 months and my hair seemed to thicken . I have just started running again so will be interested to see if the same thing happens this time. I've also heard it could be a seasonal thing , more common as we age . I'm 37 , how old are you ?

Not just the fact of getting older but also going thru menopause causes hair loss and hair thinning as well...my mom always had thin hair when she went thru menopause {she started young in her 40s} her hair got thinner and fell out more as well
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You should see what your doctor has to say before doing much of anything. But I do know of people who have had this problem and they started taking Biotin and their hair grew back nice and thick. But do see your doctor as he or she may want to run some tests to ruie out things.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    My best friend drank Diet Coke for years, and her hair slowly and steadily started falling out. Finally, she read a study that said hair loss could be caused by it!

Go to your doctor... It could be anything!