Anyone read wheel of time?

Options
IT COMES OUT TODAY OMG I'M SO EXCITED

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    it should be in my mailbox when I get home today, along with a few other books. happy dance
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's on my list to read, but I'm so far behind in my leisure reading.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've been reading them for 12 years
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I gave up when Jordan died.. 11 Books into a series with questionalbe health and he opted to write a prequil instead of finishing the series... Can't birng myself to pick up the last one or the one that is coming out today. Honestly I wish that when someone dies they don't hire someone else to come in and do more or finish the series..

Same thing happened with the Chonicles of Amber by Zelazney... They hired Betancourt to do some prequels and they just aren't the same or nearly as good. If anything it cheapens the series.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I didn't know Jordan died! OMG!

I still plan to read it, at some point.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I gave up when Jordan died.. 11 Books into a series with questionalbe health and he opted to write a prequil instead of finishing the series... Can't birng myself to pick up the last one or the one that is coming out today. Honestly I wish that when someone dies they don't hire someone else to come in and do more or finish the series..

Same thing happened with the Chonicles of Amber by Zelazney... They hired Betancourt to do some prequels and they just aren't the same or nearly as good. If anything it cheapens the series.

the new ones are better then the last few jordan wrote. you should give them a go.

I've always been a big Robert Jordan fan. but these books got really slow, and meandering towards the end. Sanderson is doing a great job keeping the characters the same, but getting to the point a lot better. I really enjoyed the last one and will be picking up the new (and last) one soon.
  • njohnson1966
    njohnson1966 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    the new ones are better then the last few jordan wrote. you should give them a go.

I've always been a big Robert Jordan fan. but these books got really slow, and meandering towards the end. Sanderson is doing a great job keeping the characters the same, but getting to the point a lot better. I really enjoyed the last one and will be picking up the new (and last) one soon.
    [/quote]

This ^^^^ I couldn't agree more!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    resurrecting this thread, about to pick up again with knife of dreams, quit reading them last fall after power reading the 10 books over 8ish months.

my bf is almost done with memory of light, he's been laughing a lot...and also gasping.

excited!! :laugh: