Indian Food

Options
Going out to join friends for dinner this evening at an Indian restaurant. Can anyone suggest what I can eat that is lower in calories & fat than say a chicken korma????? Am happy to eat vegetarian but not sure what are lower fat options.
Help please............

Replies

• StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Grilled chicken tikka, or tandoori chicken, with a salad..these are just marinated so aren't creamy sauces or fried etc..or if you want an actual curry go for tomato based sauces like rogan or achari. If you want rice have boiled. Also you could have a veggie side dish.
  • sassycurlzss
    sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    All I can say is STAY AWAY from the bread it's 250+ cals. If you like spicy try the lamb or chicken curry it's got yogart in it and oil. Should be around 300-400. Just don't eat all the sause et the meat.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    A lot of the food are rich in creams - but stick with the tandoori grills (tikka as suggested) you should be okay. I love Palak Paneer - it's sauteed spinach with paneer (and indian cheese) - and dal makhani (lentils in a curry sauce)
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Chicken or Prawn Bhuna isn't too bad - it's tomato based so no cream! Plus it's mega yummy!!! Steamed/boiled or brown rice and substitute the naan with a chapati saving yourself 150 calories!!!
  • Tennants2000
    Options
    Mmmm, chicken or prawn bhuna sounds amazing!! Alternatively I will stick with the Tikka & salad, bit dull though don't you think for an evening out :0(
    No naan bread for me & only bolied rice. Fingers crossed I wont be tempted by the kashmiri dishes, they're soooo lush.
    Thanks all for your very helpful suggestions x