No gym yet even more weight loss?

Options
HI there guys and gals!

I'm just writing today because i think it's so funny to see all the "new years resoloutioners" flocking to the gym as if that is the only way to start changing their life. I'm here to tell you something. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE GYM TO LOOSE WEIGHT! For those of you who go for the classes or to use the machines religously then i get that, continue on. But for those who go, get on the treadmill for 10 minutes then mop around because you're not really into the whole sweating around other people and watching other people sweat deal, then you could very well just find a small area in your house, find some workouts on pinterest/internet (which is where I owe all my sucess for finding the best workouts) and put your headphones in and acomplish a great workout. I do that 6 days a week and since i've quit the gym i'm lost more weight, gained more muscle lost more fat and achived more fitness goals that ever!

Now like I said this idea might not be for everyone out there, but for people like myself it's a really great alternative to going to a place that makes you pay a ridiculous amount to join and makes you feel uncomfortable while you're there.

If you want any ideas, workouts, tips motivation or just a friend? I'm here for you!

Instagram ; ThisNewGirl Twitter; ThisNewGirl

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yea I hate that too. One of the reasons I go to the gym in the morning before work (i get there around 5:15AM) the only other people there that early are other people who are serious about going to the gym, not the "yay im at the gym ahahah" type of people...
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm not a gym person either. I walk, run, sprint, run stairs/hills, have an elliptical at home, do resistance band exercises and various cardio/HIIT/strength workouts on fitnessblender.com (free). So far so good :-)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you! I haven't been to the gym in 6 months and during that time I lost 25 lbs and am in the best shape of my life. I hate the gym because I am afraid to push myself to the max in case anything embarrassing happens (I let out a loud grunt, my sweat flings off my head and hits someone, I faint, other um...bodily functions...).

I do mostly Jillian Michaels DVDs and P90X and go to two ballet classes per week. Just that and watching my calories has definitely whipped me into shape.
  • supermoo2
    Options
    Totally agree - lost 52 pounds with careful eating, walking, some cycling and using the stairs - no gym in sight
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    i agree! personally, for me, the gym is just awkward ._. (being sweaty in a room full of other people that is)
    running under the open sky is the best feeling