make ahead frozen lunch ideas?

Options
iamkarent
iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
I hate all those ready made frozen meals with tons of preservatives etc....but it is nice to have easy grab frozen meals for lunches...

I would love to stock my freezer with some..

Any favorites you make that freeze well?

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Chili.

It's all that I can really eat, reheated. Or maybe some sort of stew.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I make my own tv dinners. I just use divided freezer containers and leftovers from whatever I had for dinner. Instead of using the cooked veggies though, I just add in still frozen vegetables.
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I make a big pot of homemade stew, soup, or chili, I always freeze at least one serving right in a microwave safe bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Then I can just pop it into the microwave & defrost; then heat & enjoy on those nights I don't have time to cook. Especially good for wintertime.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I slice up cooked steak, pork chops, chicken, whatever into strips and freeze them. Later I thaw them and put them in salads (cold) and its yummy. I also use plastic containers and freeze soup portions, left over spaghetti and sauce, pretty much anything that I cook from fresh (don't cook frozen vegetables and freeze and then re-cook them because they turn into MUSH ~ unless its corn and then it does not really matter. I cook FRESH vegetables and freeze them and they reheat beautifully).