Easter Fitness Challenge

Options
We're in the home stretch with Easter fastly approaching. I took a cheat day yesterday but managed to still eat healthy. Not so sure about St Patty's Day dinner along with Easter Dinner/Birthday Party on Sunday for my little one but I will try to behave.

I did my Biggest Loser Power Sculpt & Cardio Max this morning. I'm afraid the boredom factor might be creeping in. Might be time to switch things up a bit....

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    We're in the home stretch with Easter fastly approaching. I took a cheat day yesterday but managed to still eat healthy. Not so sure about St Patty's Day dinner along with Easter Dinner/Birthday Party on Sunday for my little one but I will try to behave.

I did my Biggest Loser Power Sculpt & Cardio Max this morning. I'm afraid the boredom factor might be creeping in. Might be time to switch things up a bit....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we're on the home stretch!

Today is weights for 30 minutes, spinning for 45 minutes and walking for 40 minutes.

Happy Monday! Stay away from the peeps! (and my nemesis. . .the creme egg. . .please someone tell me something gross about them. I've had three in the past week. . .within my calories, but not good!)

:flowerforyou:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Wow I had such high hopes for this challenge.... ,but.... things just have not gone like planned. I was hoping to have dropped ten pounds, and truthfully I haven't even bothered weighing. My mother in law was put into hospice last week. :brokenheart: So needless to say the stress levels are a little out of control, exercising has gone right down the toilet and EATING? well lets just say you grab what you can when you can. I haven't given up but our family just needs to get through this first.
    So to everyone else out there doing this challenge, Go Go Go.... you can do it!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Dawn - just keep trying - even if eating doesn't work out, keep exercising! It will help your stress. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

Viviakay - do I really need to tell you something gross about cadbury eggs? That's like saying, "what's gross about McDonalds?".

Mary's rule: don't waste valuable calories on lesser forms of dessert. For example, chocolate needs to be Lindt or better - Hershey's is crap and Palmers (the cheap bunny makers) chocolates are mostly wax and are inedible. Chocolate should have 5 ingredients or fewer. The best chocolates do not contain soy lecithin.

Julie - I enjoyed the Biggest Loser workout yesterday. I'm going to buy the DVD. Thanks for the recommendation.

I counted my 40+ minutes of biggest loser as part weights :blushing: - it did have push ups and squats, which is part of my weight routine. I also went for a 30 minute walk yesterday.
    Hope to do arms later today.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    well got half way through my core fitness dvd when the stupid thing started to jump the kids have had it and put sticky paw prints on it by the time I cleaned I just couldn't be bothered the pile of ironing that was looking at me won and I started doing that at 6am til nearly 8am (I hate ironing:angry: )

But with that done I went for a nice walk with my girlies and dogs. Had a really nice afternoon at my friends house her little baby he is changing all the time but he is sooooo cute. I feel refreshed just getting out of the house and away from the mundane same old same old that I seem to have gotten into. Not too sure how to break that I feel I need to give more of myself to my kids.

Tomorrow will have to get up early and use the elliptical as getting my hair done at 9 and I don't want to pay for that just to come home and get all sweaty doing a workout.

So sorry to hear about your mother in law dawn66 :flowerforyou:

Tomorrows another day have a good one all.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Dawn I'm sorry to hear you are having a stressful time. Come back to us when you can.

Well today was supposed to be a weigh in day for me but I forgot to get on the scale this morning lol. I don't think I have lost anything I'm just hoping I haven't gained.

On a happier note I ordered a bathing suit in smaller size, YEA.:bigsmile: On a not so happier note I still need to tone my tummy alot:ohwell:

It's sunny here today so I'm going for a walk. That and PT and bus driving are all I am doing today.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to ME! Wheeeee! Started off today with a lovely ride on my old beach cruiser, checking out all the cute guys in Santa Monica. Great way to start the morning!

Not sure what I'll get in today for exercise -- my goal is yoga this afternoon. I'm budgeting a piece of cake, so I'll need to work that off.

Heading out to skydive!!!! My first time...very nervous!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Wanderinglight!! Wahoo - enjoy your cake :heart:
    Got up and exercised today. Don't think I'll make my weight loss goal - would need to lose 7 lbs this week. :noway: LOL - but at least I'm still losing!! Starting training tonight for the Montana Women's Run - thankfully I don't actually have to run! - with my daughter. They have what they call Getting Started once a week for the 8 weeks leading up to the race. We will do the 2 mile. I think it will be fun!
    Hope everyone has a happy Monday!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to ME! Wheeeee! Started off today with a lovely ride on my old beach cruiser, checking out all the cute guys in Santa Monica. Great way to start the morning!

Not sure what I'll get in today for exercise -- my goal is yoga this afternoon. I'm budgeting a piece of cake, so I'll need to work that off.

Heading out to skydive!!!! My first time...very nervous!

If skydiving doesn't count as cardio, I think it should. The mere thought of jumping out of a plane just elevated my heart rate!

You are bold. Please report back.:flowerforyou: