Im so over this.

Options
2»

Replies

• AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    this ... :)
    I actually had to go into the customize settings and drop my carbs. That seemed to help me get going the last time I did MFP. (I lost 25 lbs and then fell off the wagon and gained back 20 - now I'm back on the train for 2013).

You might also want to talk to a trainer just to make sure you're getting a high enough burn through cardio and then your strength training. Strength will keep your muscles burning calories throughout the day. And you don't have to do weights. Yoga is a great strength workout. Your arms will feel like Jell-O! :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It took a long time to gain it, it's going to take a long time to come off.

And are you sure you are tracking calories right and including everything? Don't guess. Buy a food scale and weigh things until you get a good idea as to portion sizes. You'd be surprised how far off your guesses can be.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I was in your same boat. This article helped me immensely:

www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • jheffe
    jheffe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to drink close to a gallon of water a day..I try to stick to my 1200 calories a day and omitted artificial sweetners and processed foods from my diet and I try to walk every day...seems to be working!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Try not to stress so much. If you are following a particular food plan, and it's not working for you, or you are not seeing results (after 6-8 weeks or so) try a different approach. Meal supplements, more calories, carb free. I noticed that once I stopped eating processed foods (for the most part anyways) I started shredding weight.

Also, have you consider lifting weights instead of (or with) cardio?

Be patient. We've all been there and that's exactly what this site is all about.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • kristenmagers
    Options
    I am so sorry you are having so much trouble I have been in the same boat on and off for years don't get too discouraged! you are doing the right things and it will come off. If you are looking for an extra boost you can try to intake your calories from whole foods that are low on the glycemic index i.e. not processed foods, here is a good site to check where on the index foods fall. (http://www.glycemicindex.com/) low index foods take more energy to burn and can boost your metabolism. Most of all keep up the good work and your will see results maybe just not as fast as you wanted.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    No coffee? That will never work! lol

No kidding!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If things are stuck. mix it up. Your body gets used to things and requires less energy to perform the same functions.. so you plateau.
    I have been gaining and losing the same pound for months. Also the closer you are to your ideal weight, the more work is required to get there.
    Measure everything.... record everything..... You got this!!

This. If what you're doing isn't working, TRY SOMETHING ELSE!

If cardio isn't working, try weights. If everyday isn't working, try 3 times a week.

If conventional nutritional wisdom isn't working try paleo/vegetarianism/veganism/lowcarb/intermittent fasting.

You don't give a lot of detail about that you ARE doing, so here's my blind prescription:

Ditch grain, eat only whole foods, never eat saturated fat and carbs in the same meal, limit cals to TDEE*0.8, switch to 3 strength & 2 cardio workouts, and walk 10,000 slow steady steps every single day.*

*please note that I am a total hypocrite and rarely actually do all of this.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Skip the cardio and swap it out for heavy weights.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    If you dont have health problems then youre eating more than your burning. Log your food religiously.

This is so true. Because if you leave stuff out here and there, it REALLY can add up.

yep! i used to never think to add ketchup!!! im the ketchup queen!!! i was shocked to find out that when i eat ketchup. i use about 100 calories a serving!!! (yeah, i use alot of ketchup!)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    i started taking my weight loss serious in september, at 246 pounds. started out just doing cardio with low calorie diet, i was losing about 1-1 and 1/2 pound a week the first 6 weeks, then i added in lifing weights along with cardio, and the weight is honestly just melting off now... i eat a healthy diet, and im at the gym 5 days a week for about an hour and a half. add weight lifting to your cardio routin, i bet youll see great results. also, this is just me, but i dont eat my excercise calories back, i have no desire.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Could be too many calories, or too few. Could be too many carbs, or too few. Could be not enough protein, too much high sodium/low nutrient processed food. Could be you aren't being careful enough with your portions (do you use a scale?). Could be the results you expect aren't going to happen from the exercise you are doing (try switching up your cardio and adding some weight training in). Don't give up, that won't get you anywhere.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    also, i just want to add, that if you do eat back your excercise calories, its a good idea to have a good hrm that shows calories burned. yesterday, at the gym with my aunt, she actually burned 400-ish calories for 40 minutes on the elliptical, but when she entered it into mfp, it gave her 700-ish calories... so thats a big difference, and could explain alot for those who eat back thier excercise calories without an accurate number!