Dr.Fisher Weight Loss Program

Has anyone tried the Dr.Fisher weight loss program...I was thinking about it but I feel like it's kind of like cheating and not really working hard to get the weight off. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and if so could you tell me what you think the pros and cons are?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    What's the programme? I tried to google it, came up with mentions of HCG, bariatric surgery, phentermine, meal replacements... not sure which you are looking at.

Bottom line is that there is no way to lose weight that is all at the same time safe, effective and requires no effort at all.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    In my opinion, if you have to use the words "it's like cheating and not working hard to get the weight off," then you're pretty much setting yourself up for failure.

Just create a calorie deficit, do some exercise, lift some weights, and wait for results. They WILL happen and in a way that you can be at a healthy weight for the rest of your life because you're not changing what you eat...just how much. Give it time.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Just because he is a doctor doesn't mean he has good intentions for you...

Quick fix program = quick fail. There is no magic pill that will fix your bad habits. Change the way you eat, and the way you move, have a little patience, and do it the right way :D
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Rather than pay money to some quack, just stick with the MFP recommendations for safe, steady and lasting results.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Just because he is a doctor doesn't mean he has good intentions for you...

Quick fix program = quick fail. There is no magic pill that will fix your bad habits. Change the way you eat, and the way you move, have a little patience, and do it the right way :D

This^^^

Sustained weight control involves a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. Any program worth a damn will teach you about calories in/calories out, portion control, macro management, and proper nutrition. Understanding those things are the key to long term success.
  • tpow1196
    tpow1196 Posts: 51 Member
    I pretty much say what everybody else is saying . . .there is no QUICK or EASY way to lose weight. It’s a lifetime commitment to stay fit, put yourself and your bodies needs first and to do the WORK.

If it was easy everybody would be thin. Trust me, I've tried every gimmick out there and while some would give the appearance of working, they never lasted and I felt like crap.

Slow and steady and understanding that I'm changing my lifestyle is working the best for me.

Good luck!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    I pretty much say what everybody else is saying . . .there is no QUICK or EASY way to lose weight. It’s a lifetime commitment to stay fit, put yourself and your bodies needs first and to do the WORK.

If it was easy everybody would be thin. Trust me, I've tried every gimmick out there and while some would give the appearance of working, they never lasted and I felt like crap.

Slow and steady and understanding that I'm changing my lifestyle is working the best for me.

Good luck!
    Dr. Fisher sounds fishy :laugh:
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    you guys are right...thanks so much....really no point in paying someone for something I can do myself.
  • Rather than pay money to some quack, just stick with the MFP recommendations for safe, steady and lasting results.

Amen!
  • When I very, very first started on my weight loss journey, I actually went and joined Herbal Magic....yeah....that lasted about 2 mins! They sat me down in their office, took my weight, measured my wrist (apparently that's supposed to tell you what kind of bone structure you have) and then proceeded to tell me how much weight I needed to lose and how long it would take me. They gave me a bag full of goodies (food scale, water bottle, food journal and samples of protein bars and shakes), and then gave me a program of foods that I could purchase from them if I wanted to. They also gave me some bottles of pills to start me off and a list of prices for when I would need to purchase more.

Long story short, they told me to only eat about 800 calories a day, told me to take a bunch of pills, and just BLINKED at me when I asked about exercise.

As desperate as I was to lose weight, I actually paid a $600 deposit, and found out that the program would actually cost me about $6000 (not including additional pills and food).

A day later, I came to my senses and called them telling them that I wanted to cancel and that I would bring everything back since I hadn't opened anything. They told me there was a no refund policy, but because the sales girl hadn't given me a copy of the contract I argued that I didn't know - because I didn't....they never told me.

So after several months of arguing and them not responding, I finally got $400 back and had to write off $200.

Just a story to show you that all these weight loss gimmicks are just a scam, and really all their program was is the same thing that we do here on MFP everyday. We just become responsible for ourselves....
  • I've never even heard of it....got this in MFP only where some other member try this plan have a look at it and consult with them .. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279906-dr-fisher-diet ...... gud luck :)
  • I have been a patient with Dr. Fisher and I lost 73 pounds ...yes, In the beginning I took the appetite suppressants to get me started with the weight loss and they did help to curb my cravings. I lost 18 pounds in the first two weeks because I began to realize what "full" felt like. I followed the meal plans that were given to me by Dr. Fisher (lean protiens, veggies, fruit) I learned what portion control is and once the pounds started to come off...I had the energy to do heavier workouts. As I progressed, I stopped taking the supressants and went on to lose an additional 40 pounds with out the need for medication. Some people say that if you take medication, or get surgery you are cheating...the fact is that I had to work extremely hard on diet and exercise to get results, just like those people who had surgery. YES, you MUST change the way you eat for life and you have to find time to get some kind of exercise in your day ...duh...sometimes you just need a little help to start...Everyday is still a struggle to not eat that doughnut or fast food...everyday I have to remind myself of where Ive been and where I want to be. So, my advice....do what you feel will work for you. Different strokes for different folks....AND NEVER LET ANYONE MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DIDNT WORK YOUR BUTT OFF EVEN IF YOU DECIDE TO USE MEDICATION OR SURGERY..us should be proud of any accomplishment or goal you set for yourself...ps....I HAVE KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF FOR 5 YEARS.
  • res17cue2000
    res17cue2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Eppingerm71 is 100% correct......my wife lost about 50 lbs with Dr. Fisher.
  • Dr.Frisher is amazing .... Nothing fishy about him
  • Ive heard people get great results from dr fisher. Going to meet with them thursday and start it myself!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,020 Member
    Nothing suss in the last 4 posters bumping this with 1 post a piece, never to return...

*gasp* maybe it worked so well they lost all their weight, kept it off and never needed to return to MFP????
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Eppingerm71 is 100% correct......my husband
    lost about 50 lbs with Dr. Fisher.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Lol at spam posts

Let me just get my "I believe you" expression on