Blue plates

Options
What is the colour of your plates?
I read somewhere people tend to eat less from blue plates!
Has anyone tested it? Think I will be looking to buy some now LOL

Replies

• SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've also heard if you put a blue light bulb in your fridge food will look less appealing. I, personally, don't eat blue food (there is no naturally blue food (and blueberries are purple)) so it might work for me. However, I think that these are just ways people are looking to make weight loss easy and we all know it's not. There is no magic pill or magic color to make us thinner.
  • MelBristol
    Options
    Oh I so agree with you but then I'd try anything that easy :)
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'll stick with eating off of smaller plates. Though I have noticed that when wearing my blue blocking lenses at night (I wear them for a sleep disorder) that things look unappetizing. Another thought on it, when food researchers are trying to diminish the impact of the appearance of food on their research they use an odd sort of red light.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mel,
    you are absolutely right.. I would stick with eating off the blue plates or Red..

the blue plates are 20 Kilo's and the red ones are 25 Kilo's, so it makes sense that you will eat less since you are eating off an olympic plate that weighs over 50lbs (for the red olympic plates)

http://www.eleikosport.se/weightlifting/product.asp?PageNumber=1&Product_Id=265
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    black...
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    lol at mike. My plates are blue with a brown around the edge. because I liked them, not because they make you eat less.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    how about a little self control? not going out to target and buying yourself all new dishes.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Doesn't t his belong in Chit Chat Thread or some nonsense like that... Just saying.
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    yup! blue is psychologically not an "appetizing" color (red and yellow are, like mcdonalds and in n' out)
    but yes, i agree with erinsueburns in that eating off smaller plates would help a lot (possibly more)
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    LOL i thought you were talking about weights! (grey and black)

My dishes are white
  • tennisgurlie
    tennisgurlie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think beautiful plates are the way to go. I purchased some really nice plates that are trendy (they are small) and white. When I present food on them, it looks like an elegant, upscale meal to be savored. I tend to sit down and eat it that way, taking my time to have a nice meal.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    We used to have blue plates--didn't seem to make a difference. I find that using a smaller plate works well for me.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I actually do have blue plates lol but they were free from my gma and I"m not picky
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    When I cook, I want people to ENJOY the things I've made, so I want them to be appealing. Our dishes are blue on the back and white on the front. I use smaller plates unless I am serving something that requires the extra room, like a big salad with a vegetable curry.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    black...

This, and big.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    What about blue corn, potatoes, cheese (well it's partially blue.)

I have black plates. I think they make everything look fancier.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Fiestaware cobalt blue dishware cuz I love the style and color....... But it doesn't seem to make me eat less:noway: Maybe I do need to switch to the salad plate:wink:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    black...

This, and big.

The ones I have right now have corners on them, keeps them from rolling away except when I first put them down.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    We used to have blue plates--didn't seem to make a difference. I find that using a smaller plate works well for me.

Concur. Plate size is way more important than color.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I weigh my food, put it on a plate and eat it ... it doesn't matter if it's a blue plate, a white plate, a big plate or a little plate. If you're just scooping up your food and eating it, the color of your plate is not the problem.