p90x help?

Options
Started p90x several days ago. I really hope to see a difference in some time. My major concern is that I cant exactly follow the meal plan they give. Im always on the go and those meals need to be well prepared. However i still stick to my meal plan (diary is open). The past couple of days i have upped my protein knowing that thats what im supposed to do in phase one.

Any suggestions if i am doing the right or wrong thing and any input is great.

Replies

• bobcatmatt
    Options
    I did P90X a few years ago and did the workouts but skipped their diet. I ate healthy instead and had good results.
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Set your macro goals under my home -> goals to match the current phase of the program.

Then eat what ever foods get you to the correct ratios. You don't need shakeology or the p90X recipes, but correct diet is VERY important if you want results.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Set your macro goals under my home -> goals to match the current phase of the program.

Then eat what ever foods get you to the correct ratios. You don't need shakeology or the p90X recipes, but correct diet is VERY important if you want results.

Totally agreed. If shredding fat is your primary goal, use the 50% protein / 30% carb / 20% fat macro. I kept this ratio pretty much the whole round of p90x. If you're bonking, maybe up the carb a little but try to stick to it until you lose enough fat. Some folks kept this ratio for up to 10 months doing p90x.
  • Lovelybirdxx
    Lovelybirdxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank You guys so much. It makes me feel a little bit better on what im doing then. I am looking to shred fat and then tone, i dont want to be bulky but i definitely want some definition.

Also im not doing shakeology. I think that is not only to much money but i know i can eat healthy and work out and do the same exact thing that it does. Plus i dont like the taste of it at all
  • proton77
    Options
    That's a great idea. Shredding fat is the first step to making your toned muscles more visible. I'm not doing shakeology either but I heard that they're reverting to their classic formula which tastes much better.
  • lisa9803
    Options
    I don't think that you need to follow their meal plan to get good results. I follow their plan and ate my own healthy meals and it was fine. Just make sure that you eat enough, and snack on healthy stuff through the day to keep the metabolism burning.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Got my first bag of the old formula. Like a chocolate milkshake :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Got my first bag of the old formula. Like a chocolate milkshake :)

Love that!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I just set my macros to theirs and ate healthy. I've had good results. Good luck!
  • proton77
    Options
    Ordered Shakeology the other day. It should arrive before the weekend. Can't wait to try it out!